Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Here are some Chooch flat car loads.

thumbnail_20190609_091934.jpg

thumbnail_20190608_111000.jpg

Haven't seen them before and the JD ones, we don't get out here in Aussie, even in their dealers. All the other toy ones, but not the 1:87's. Are those tiedowns the etched brass ones?

Hey Toot,

These are diecast models for sure I just added more details and the banding is drafting tape. The chains are found at http://pdc.ca/rr/catalog/search/chains They are some kind of resin type paper stuff. If you get them wet you can wrap them around stuff if you want.
Thank you

After it moved to Switzerland, I missed the model of the drawbridge pulley on a flatcar I made so I found the mold and made another one. This one is orange though instead of light blue. Here it is shown on Charlie Comstock's Bear Creek and South Jackson Railroad,
oakhill.jpg

I know the flat car is depressed but staying busy and doing work helps its disposition. Here's a funny story, some of you may know since I don't have any art background, I got my current job building miniatures for movies based on my model railroading experience. I recently finished a model of a machine for an upcoming movie and front and center is another of these castings. So my model railroading shows up in my work again.

Last edited:
After it moved to Switzerland, I missed the model of the drawbridge pulley on a flatcar I made so I found the mold and made another one. This one is orange though instead of light blue. Here it is shown on Charlie Comstock's Bear Creek and South Jackson Railroad,
View attachment 39124

I know the flat car is depressed but staying busy and doing work helps its disposition. Here's a funny story, some of you may know since I don't have any art background, I got my current job building miniatures for movies based on my model railroading experience. I recently finished a model of a machine for an upcoming movie and front and center is another of these castings. So my model railroading shows up in my work again.
Who makes that flat car?

That was made by Walthers, I wish they would do them again.
Thank you for letting me know. I really like these flat cars I may need to see if I can get at least 2 of these. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the original box? Looking for the model number etc... Again thanks!

Thank you for letting me know. I really like these flat cars I may need to see if I can get at least 2 of these. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the original box? Looking for the model number etc... Again thanks!
Here you go.They made singles and 3 packs. The four truck flat car is nice too. I have 9 depressed and 2 flat for a high and wide train. Still looking at train shows.
IMG_2992.jpg
IMG_2993.jpg
IMG_2995.jpg
IMG_2996.jpg

I will be going to the big E show in Massachusetts put on by Amherst Railway Society in January 25th & 26th, 2020
Making my list for that weekend to gather mo stuff lol
I wish they would just bring them back into production. I've seen videos with wrecked engines on the 4 truck flat cars and once on the depress flat car with cribbing under the tank minus the engine trucks. They're nice and heavy being diecast metal and run/track nicely.

Back