Lets do it again Favorite photo

Here another of my favorites
9078DAF5-FBA4-4D0E-8C9B-8FFBF8E928B3.jpeg

TomO

George, I recall seeing a gorge/bridge scene like that years ago on a club layout located inside an old mail car up in Frederick Md. Don't know if I can find the old photo, but I'll give it a try. I was impressed as well.

Oops, was suppose to key in one just one portion of that video

Don't know the problem but it was suppose to go to time frame 3:48

Last edited:
While at work and just happening to be near former New Haven side of North East Corridor, decided to try for some M8 multiple units. Place is Port Chester, NY just below Connecticut border. Of course all overhead bridges have some kind of barrier built, so those who have the urge to jump on top of catenary wires, would be persuaded not to. One old bridge had a steel wall that was low enough for me to raise the camera but not be able to see what's in the viewfinder. Hearing a train approaching i gave it coulple of shots and hoped i angled the camera correctly. One of them came out like this:
20230104_131733.jpg

The old catenary bridges here date to 1907 original electrification and untill recently still supported original triangular catenary. M8s are northbound toward Stamford, CT and interestingly only the outside local tracks have concrete ties installed.

Back