Lets do it again Favorite photo

I particularly favor this one I took some year's back, entitled "Generations".

IMGP1160-A_edited-2.jpg

NYW&B

G'day all

G'day to all the photo exhibitors....One day I hope to add some photos but a bit of bare track ,no scenery, new layout just won't cut the mustard yet.
The loader and truck looks so real...My favourite part of Model railroader
(the bible of MR publications) is the TRACKSIDE PHOTOS page. When you can't easily distinguish whether it's real or model , you've got a great layout , fantastic camera skills or both...Many of the forum photo exhibits would certainly qualify....Cheers Rod..

Actually Toot, there are some places here on the West Coast where those trees wouldn't be that much too big. One of the irritating things to me about many of the "loggong" model railroads I see built is they don't have a clue as to what was logged in the day. The timber was BIG! That's why the loggers could afford to build RRs into the woods to bring it out.In my youth I fell trees that were 6 and 7 feet through. So big that my old Loraine shovel wouldn't load the butt cut onto the truck except one end at a time. The big timber companies had equipment to handle this but when the timber was logged out, the need was gone and so was the equipment. I have some interesting photo's I'll have to post sometime.

Steve

That looks like the original Hornby Dublo "Sir Nigel Gresley" that I remember from my 11th or 12th birthday. Circa '49='50? Except for the 2 rail, mine was 3 rail.

That looks like the original Hornby Dublo "Sir Nigel Gresley" that I remember from my 11th or 12th birthday. Circa '49='50? Except for the 2 rail, mine was 3 rail.

it is the latter hornby 2 rail version from around the 1970's i'd guess they were completely new toolings as the 3 rail stuff were cast metal and the two rail are plastic bodies

Back