Let's crank it up! WPF! 9-30-05

Russian said:
I finally finished my metro this weekend.

It started its life as a standard high speed Lego set, one engine with 2 cars. It's now a metro/subway set, raised to the second floor level above ground (so that HO could pass under it), featuring one cab car and 3 cars following, all of which bend in two places, for maximum flexibility. I've been able to run this train at max speed around the layout without derailing or tipping. You try that with a standard Lego set at full throttle. The secret is flexibility and low height - it's as tall as a standard HO locomotive. Thus it has the same engineering formula as a Formula I racing car - low height and ground clearence for maximum ground contact.
To see the train in action, please view these two video clips. I apologize for the low quality, but what do you expect from a entry level 2003 digital camera?
http://media.putfile.com/L33
http://media.putfile.com/L34
Notice how the light are woeking and the nice sound it makes

#1 Roster
#2 I've started building a depo from Lego (2x2)
#3 Creation in process - planning window spaces, etc.

It sure is nice to see so much traffic on the forum.

Roman,

Those are some pretty cool legos you have there, very impresive sir, I have been wanting to purchase the Lego Super Chief myself to put up in our Train Room when/if its ever done.. great looking stuff keep at it.

Cjcrescent said:
Ken;
That RI photo is neat! Thats one thing I liked about them. You could paint a loco into almost any color and at one time the RI probably used it! ;) ;)
Carey, I hear ya! I especially liked how Aaron painted the lead geep. Until recently, it seemed like modelers didn't want to do trashy paint schemes - I remember when I brought an Athearn BB F7 with a 'blotchy' B&O [ex-C&O] paint job on it to a local club, a few of the guys thought I'd committed a sacrilege. And this was long before the days of graffitti-covered rolling stock.

I'll have to see if I can dig up that old F-unit and post it here...

The first picture is a reverse osmosis filter that I moved. I had to reroute the copper pipe and build the shelf. IT took all day to do the job that should have taken a half day due to some black mold that formed on the bottom of the recepticle. Sneezed all day.

Moving the filter allowed me to clear out the area you see in the second photo. Next after a cleaning of the carpet and walls, I move the entertainment center here. Then I can start clearing out the area where the layout is going. Then tearout some walls. Remodel a little and then I can start the layout.

On track to build the benchwork in January.

ro01.gif

basementempty01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
SpaceMouse said:
The first picture is a reverse osmosis filter that I moved. I had to reroute the copper pipe and build the shelf. IT took all day to do the job that should have taken a half day due to some black mold that formed on the bottom of the recepticle. Sneezed all day.

Moving the filter allowed me to clear out the area you see in the second photo. Next after a cleaning of the carpet and walls, I move the entertainment center here. Then I can start clearing out the area where the layout is going. Then tearout some walls. Remodel a little and then I can start the layout.

On track to build the benchwork in January.

ro01.gif

basementempty01.gif

Chip that is a full days work tou did there my friend, go man go.. keep at it..

But I have to ask.. what is the Filter for... :)

Looks very familiar...

We have a UV light, a softener, and reverse osmosis. I don't think anything could ever make it through our pipes alive :rolleyes: All the better though...before we got the UV light we were told the water wasn't safe to drink (though we had been doing so for years...now I have an excuse for my brain lapses :D )

Coyote,

Drinking water. I originally got it because my discus could not live in city water (go figure). But the filter can make 60 gal/day and I only needed 20/day for fish. Anyway, I moved my fish to tanks at work and took out the fish display. Had to move the filter to maintain our drinking water. It's the only filter that will take out floride.

SpaceMouse said:
Coyote,

Drinking water. I originally got it because my discus could not live in city water (go figure). But the filter can make 60 gal/day and I only needed 20/day for fish. Anyway, I moved my fish to tanks at work and took out the fish display. Had to move the filter to maintain our drinking water. It's the only filter that will take out floride.

Ahh I was wondering, I have to filter and clean water for our Hermit Crabs also.. all is now as clear as.. well umm water?

NWR #200 said:
Claudia, almost looks like your going with a SP style paint scheme on your hotel. I'd sure be pleased to be one of its occupants! Shrink me down Scotty!
I'll make sure there's a room available upstairs overlooking the putting green! :) Kind of a funny story about the color choice. I stripped the ugly pink dollhouse that was the basis for this project, then looked at the buildings I already have on the layout and decided something like tan with brown trim would work. I finished most of the painting before I realized I had picked colors almost identical to the "Grizzly Flats" depot you see in my avatar! As you see, I don't take exactly a rivet-counter approach to my model railroad. :D

Chip: Can't wait to follow your layout progress in January. I know you have done a lot of planning for it and we can all feel your excitement.

I thought that I would give a test photo post since I am new here.

This is my BLI Sw-7 and my first attempt at painting an undecorated loco.
aeu.sized.jpg

Yeah...well...I got excited about painting my home road colors on her and went at it. Besides, I had a full can of paint stripper which I had to use a couple of times:eek:. I painted a P2k GP7 at the same time. It was an NYC and had to be stripped in the beginning. I am still putting it back together.
Next: I get to cover it all up by weathering. Yea! :D

Back