Let's crank it up! WPF! 9-30-05

Slightly off topic, but how do you guys get the thumbnails and what are the restrictions on uploading? Is there a file size limit per picture or total on my account? I tried to upload but got stopped. If I should have posted this somewhere else sorry.

grande man said:
As sweet as that looks, probably. Tell us a little about that shot.

If that bad boy was on my layout, it would have 1 of 2 missions. A railfan outing, or heading to the torch :eek:

Nice shot! Even better steamer!

Sunset models SRR S class 2-10-2. Painted (as are all my locos) by myself. Taken on The Wrecking Crew's layout one Sat morning. Waiting in the hole for one of those infernal combustin' engines to get outta its way!

ok guys here are some shots of my mostly complite yard and some other shots around my layout . (look past the mess lol :D ]

as you can see i have not started scenrey but i have weatherd the mainline

TrainboyH16-44 said:
Wow, nice pics, everyone. Wish I had some pics I could load, but I don't have anything to transfer my pics from slide or print to the web.
Plus, all my pics are yellow because I doan't want to invest in tungsten film. Can you take these types of pictures with a digital camera? Is it a good investment? A viable succesor to the K-1000?
Matthew

Get a color correction filter (the kind that goes on your lens), 80B I think, to correct the lighting for your daylight film indoors, or use a flash.. Then again, sometimes the warm glow of the inbalance is pleasing on a photo. Digitals are getting cheaper all the time but unless you invest $1000s in a body and lenses, you won't get the range you can with film. In the meantime, most places will, at processing time, put images onto a CD-ROM.. Not always the best scans but sharable (word??). If you are working with slides though, it probably has to be done at a pro shop (not a wallymart 1 hour photo type place, they probably don't even know what to do with slide film) and Can get expensive. My answer to your K-1000 question is, if you are comfortable with using it, keep at it.. Remember, It's the photographer that creates the image. The camera just records it.

Jeff
:D

A heavy High Desert & Sierra R.R. manifest train departs the yard eastwards.

Stefan
departing_yard.jpg

departing_yard_2.jpg

Deep in the train are two SP swing helpers cut in :D

swing_helpers.jpg

swing_helpers_1.jpg

Swissengineer I really like your pics of the High Desert & Sierra, especially where the Rio Grande and Esspee SD45 helpers were passing by! :cool: I tried going to your web site to see more views of your layout, but the links didn't work...oh well, maybe later?

. . .

I'm still in the process of learning how to post images on this forum, so this next one might not show up. I snapped it 2 weeks ago on the layout of my friend Aaron Dupont, of some of his Rock Island geeps thundering past an Iron Belt local parked on an industrial spur.

Ken;
That RI photo is neat! Thats one thing I liked about them. You could paint a loco into almost any color and at one time the RI probably used it! ;) ;)

NWR #200 said:
Willis, that train looks like a CP promo train! All that red!
LOL Seth, just something I got on eBay. When I get the time it'll be stripped and come back as a NBEC loco with details that are not molded on. I just had to have something different for WPF. It's the only part of the layout with scenery..

13.gif
Willis

Here are two more they are new, forgive the ground cover its just a lil piece of permade stuff I picked up at Hobby Lobby to mount stuff on while I check it.

Last edited by a moderator:
GrandpaCoyote said:
Here are two more they are new, forgive the ground cover its just a lil piece of permade stuff I picked up at Hobby Lobby to mount stuff on while I check it.

Nice work Coyote, looks like that station wagon has a family in it! It is a Woodland Scenics model? Inquiring minds want to know...

I finally finished my metro this weekend.

It started its life as a standard high speed Lego set, one engine with 2 cars. It's now a metro/subway set, raised to the second floor level above ground (so that HO could pass under it), featuring one cab car and 3 cars following, all of which bend in two places, for maximum flexibility. I've been able to run this train at max speed around the layout without derailing or tipping. You try that with a standard Lego set at full throttle. The secret is flexibility and low height - it's as tall as a standard HO locomotive. Thus it has the same engineering formula as a Formula I racing car - low height and ground clearence for maximum ground contact.
To see the train in action, please view these two video clips. I apologize for the low quality, but what do you expect from a entry level 2003 digital camera?
http://media.putfile.com/L33
http://media.putfile.com/L34
Notice how the light are woeking and the nice sound it makes

#1 Roster
#2 I've started building a depo from Lego (2x2)
#3 Creation in process - planning window spaces, etc.

It sure is nice to see so much traffic on the forum.

CSX_road_slug said:
Nice work Coyote, looks like that station wagon has a family in it! It is a Woodland Scenics model? Inquiring minds want to know...

Yes CXS it is Woodland Scenics AS5525 AutoScenes - Family Vacation

The rusted out old pickup in that shot and in the post before it is AS5521 AutoScenes - Hall & Duke that I did a converstion on, in fact Duke the Dog is now looking over the picknick table.

The Trailer is the City Classics Roberts Road Mobile Home and the Air Stream trailer is made by Busch

Back