Let See Those Pets!

kwalker421

H-8 Lover
you heard it here! let's see your pet(s).

i'll start this off with my loyal companion, Daisy! here she is camping up near Lancaster, PA. it seems shes already sniffing out the area.

Kenneths007.jpg

and here's Daisy (right) with her buddy, Dallas (right) sharing a meal. Dallas by the way, isnt our dog, he's my oldest sister's

kenneths003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the newest member of the house just arrived today. For now his name is Max, but thats just a working name to see if it sticks.

(Click any pic to enlarge)
th_IMG_0485.jpg

And then there's Zoe. She's SOOOOO happy about the new puppy.....can ya tell?
th_5-6-078.jpg

We also have three other dogs, but they're never around when the camera is. We also have 7 birds. Cockatiels and love birds.

Well, OK, if you want?

This is Blackie, I inherited him and his brother from my Father 7 years ago.

Blackie01w.png

Brother Manét.

ManetFeb08w.png

And poor old Sheila who I lost last summer at the age of 21 (my Mom's cat).

SlielaFeb08w.png

Well Here's our mutt "Gabby" at 6 months old and one last summer. When I got her she had no needles, infested with tape worn, both ears infected, was very skinny, in fact the largest part of her was her head and the snout comprised about 2/3 of that. To this day I have no idea of why I said I'd take her, to say my wife wasn't pleased would have been an understatement, but now days I'm sure glad I did, she's loved by both of us.
Willis

This is Farm Kitty and Pepper. They are the most wonderful strays a family could have. Mommy and 3 kittens showed up one day, we started feeding them and took Farm and Pepper in. Mommy left once we started feeding them and the 3rd kitten, Tiger, disappeared before we could take her in. Pepper is a boy and the definition of a very affectionate lap cat, he also loves to play with trains. Farm is a female, and is named after a calico I grew up with, a family name.

Boy Ray, Blackie and his brother sure look alike!

We've got some good lookin' pets here everyone!

Twins!!

Here's our girl Maddie on the left (I think) and her sister Bella, my oldest daughters dog.

No pets in our home, but our two grown sons and their wives have three Shih Tzu doggies between them. They visit us quite regularly, especially this one, Darcy who lives just a few blocks away. Two years old on Xmas Eve. As shown, he does love romping around in the fresh snow!

Umm...Ray...we may have a "parallel universe" thing happening here.

Zelda, my 1.5 year old:
2007-09_zelda.jpg

And Bijou, our 19 year old that we just lost in Novenber:
2007-08_bijou.jpg

Just tell me you aren't a receeding hairlined 40 year old married to an Irish firecracker.... :)

Mark

:DView attachment 11748

then Tanner aka Tan Man...he is 10 and a Walker Tree Hound also rescued. He has a nose like nodody's business!

We also have a dwarf rabbit named BJ (bunny jump) 8 yrs old
View attachment 11749

then we had Fluffy (the cat in the middle) but she passed away in Sept 07 she was 20yr 2months and 3 days old...she died of kidney failure.:(
View attachment 11750

We also have a fresh water fish take 10 gallon and have maybe 12-16 fish....

Yup I live on a funny farm! LOL:D:D Everyone of them were rescued except the fish LOL

This is our Dogs Teddy and Sable. Teddy was killed 2 years ago in a trappers snare set illegally on our property. He was a real sweetheart and is really missed. Sable is still with us. These are their pups. There were 8, all male. 4th from the left is Mudgie. He was the runt. We kept him. He is the spitting image of Sable except with long hair. He has his Dad's personality though.

This is Rebel. He was our best buddy. We lost him last Jan. Here he is as a pup at 11 weeks old and as a full grown 150lb. puppy doing what he loved best. Getting sprayed with the hose.

I KNEW there was a reason I like this board so much, its populated by animal lovers!

Very sorry about Teddy. :(

This is Sophie-No-That's-Bad, my greyhound/lab cross, that I found abandoned, hunting for food in my hayfield a number of years ago. (she's not so greyhoundlike anymore, the lab half kinda took over..) and one of the cats, Fanny, grooming Sophie. They're great friends, Fanny likes to groom and nuzzle Sophies face when they're on the couch together. :)

100_1003.png

We HAD 3 cats and I always said that was 4 to many. Glendia had Punkie put to sleep 3 years ago, a 17 lb black diabetic cat, kidney failure did him in. She put Meeka, Punkie's sister, to sleep 1 yr ago, Kidney failure. And finally Cody was 21 yrs old and she was put down this past summer because of kidney failure. I did enjoy them for the most part but really do not miss them although it was a little strange to not have them under foot at first. We have no plans to get any new pets because neither one of us has the energy to take care of any pets. We got a dog 1 month before we married in 1972, Cornie was teh runt of the litter of poodle pups. He was silver when he got his hair trimmed and black when it grew out. We had him for 12 years and Valerie our oldest daughter was his pick out of all of us. Where ever she went there was corn doggie at her side. She took it real hard when e had to put him to sleep with congestive heart failure. He had been on heart meds or over two years when he was put down. Like I said earlier we have no plans for new pets thamk goodness.

Back