Lenz VS NCE?

Exit109GTI

I'm going to buy a DCC system in the next 24 hours, due to a liquidation sale. I figure I'm gonna have to get it soon enough, may as well save money getting it now. So I need to decide in the next 24 hours which systems to get, and I was hoping you guys might be able to help.

Lenz Set-90 @ $182

OR

NCE Powerhouse Pro @ $300

The only big difference I see is the NCE set comes with two decoders, while the Lenz comes with a a coupon for two decoders. Knob or button style throttle doesn't seem to be an issue with me, so I'm puzzled as to which systems to get.

Help!!!

Exit109GTI,

Does the place offering the firesale have any way to test both systems?

Both are very good and user friendly, although I believe the Lenz 100 is the better bet as far as Lenz goes.

It really is a matter of how comfortable you are with the system & the ability to work with it. I have had NCE for almost 3 years now and love it, I have installed at least three other NCE systems, and have been up and running in no time at all.

Based upon such short notice and the fact you are really comparing the Lenz 90 to NCE, i would have to go with the NCE. If it was the 100, then it might be a tougher call. But that is just my thoughts.

Well I can always upgrade the Set-90 by getting a second cab, to the Set-100 and still be under the $300 price of the NCE set. I'm starting to think the NCE set might be a bit too much for what I have planned. Thanks for the advice though!

Back