Lego trains galore

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Hey, I just discovered I still have a spot online showing ALL my lego train creations from the past, check it out, tell me what you think. I doubt the pictures will come up full size. As you can see my Lego railroad was heavly powered by EMD units, from the samllest units, all the way up to SD50's SD60's SD60M, SD70M, and even an SD70ACe, which was spawned from my first testbed, a SD9043MAC...

http://www.mocpages.com/folder.php/413

Yes I CAN still build like that too...

Wow! And I though my Lego skills were good...
Then again if I had more parts, maybe I would of build something larger then 4 axles!

Oh its almost more expensive then G gauge even. A single, say, GP30, would cost roughly $200, and take weeks on end to build, modify, look at, modify again, then finalize. Each unit had 2 lego motors, and could pull on average, 40 "standard sized" lego cars. Infact the SD45, the ex-BN one, pulled 45 of the Lego tank cars on a loop, alone, on the SECOND line on a normal lego contoller... Now thats some power, and it STILL couldn't convince the members of SCLTC that it was better then what they had running. I'm tempted to donate a few units to GMLTC, instead of selling them.

After an absence from LEGO trains, I decided to make the plunge and return. In the coming weeks, I plan on posting some of my creations...so be on the lookout. :)

Nice job. I used to think of building a cp GP38 to show them what they should do, but I got lazy and they beat me to it.
I now preferAtlas and P2K for GP38s.
Matthew Hicks

Back