Lego 2 axle switcher

Russian

Saskatoon railfan
My latest project. Planning to build a layout and use him for switching.

Go ahead, feel free to critique. :)

PS. I made it to this forum!

Lego_2axle_shunter.jpg

Well it's a cute little critter, you must be joking about making it motorized. You are arn't you? :D

CB&CNSfan said:
Well it's a cute little critter, you must be joking about making it motorized. You are arn't you? :D
No, it does pull on my little railway, however recent derailents have shot it down. I'll post pictures when it's back up and running. It rides slowly though.

I like it ! I had one thirty-five years ago. It was powered with a separate battery car.
The rails were like rack rails, and the wheels cogged too. It was like a cog railway - wouldnt pull a darn thing otherwise.

MS

It rides slowly though.
Hey! slow is good, it's a switcher, it moves under it's own power, I'll be darned. I'll be looking forward to them photos. I still think it's a cute little critter :D

Cheers Willis

Here's some shots of a layout made entirely from Legos. These people are really nuts. They move it all over, and none of the structures are glued. It's all friction fir regular Legos. Very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll be d....ed. Never seen anything like it. Is that a traveling show or what ?

Still in amazement
Martin

Well, I'll be d....ed. Never seen anything like it
Me neither, that city under the tent is a mind blower. Must be totally dedicated people to take that all apart and re assemble it. And the engines, side rods and all. Fantastic! thank's for posting the photos, amazing, who'd of believed it?

Cheers Willis

Martin
Yes it is a traveling show. And they are not sponsored by Lego. All that stuff they bought with their own money. I forget how much they have invested. Back in the city they have two Lego monorails running, and one of them has a camera in it broadcasting to a TV built into the layout. I should have taken more pictures. I was too busy trying to pick my jaw off the floor.

Way cool! Do you have more info or a website for their setup? I like the lego man on the balcony looking right at the camera in the bottom picture.

I feel like a kid in a candy store. That black leggo steamer is awesome, my eyes got wide when I saw that :eek: That is a beatiful mock Pittsburgh leggo set. You are never too old for leggos, eh? :D :D Russian, that leggo locomotive would be cool to see in person, nice job.

Thank you everyone who replied, quite a strong response!

CB&CNSfan said:
I'll be looking forward to them photos. I still think it's a cute little critter :D
Sorry I haven't replied for such a long time, it's just that Lego is on the bottom of the priority list, until I get my computer taken away that is... Like today, so I made some more, this time with a different car (more on it here: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661)
CB&CNSfan said:
...amazing, who'd of believed it?
It's a lot of work, but its possible, I once build a triple deck bus (double deck with an extra open deck) with a trailer from about 2000 pieces (I counted), so you figure out who's crazy here.:p
abbsbox said:
I feel like a kid in a candy store. That black leggo steamer is awesome, my eyes got wide when I saw that :eek: That is a beatiful mock Pittsburgh leggo set. You are never too old for leggos, eh? :D :D Russian, that leggo locomotive would be cool to see in person, nice job.
Thanks, it's actually a diesel, I don't know how to make steamers.

Anyways, here's what it looked like a few minutes ago:

Unfortunately I had to remove the tracks to free up space on my table... So the loco lives as a museum poiece now.

Thus don't expect any Lego stuff from me anytime soon.:(

i love seeing the lego displays. those dudes are some of the most creative people i have ever seen. i remember seeing one display that was the space shuttle on the transport. it had to have been 5 to 6 feet tall and super detailed.

anyway, back to these photos, i love em. and especially the giant lego dude stomping the streets next to the sky scraper. but, i gotta say it'll take a lot to be bette than the crashed space ship in the last one.

Back