Lead Me Not Into Temptation...

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
... And deliver me from Yard Sales. :D

I found this stuff down the street this afternoon. Most of it is pretty beat up, but mostly intact. The dollhouse needs the most work, but will go up on "the hill" and become the Hotel.

Fencing will keep the grandkids from running onto the tracks behind Gramma's House (once I remove the Christmas decorations.) (The gazebo (birdcage) behind the fencing was an impuse buy at the hobby store a couple of weeks ago.)

The stable was obviously part of a Christmas scene, but it was the only piece remaining and it was too cheap to pass up, so I grabbed it.

I envision the planter as a bandstand in the park.

HEY! There! now we're a modeling and a bashing. Neat find, a little paint and T.L.C. and they'll all fit right into a scene.
The stable was obviously part of a Christmas scene, but it was the only piece remaining and it was too cheap to pass up, so I grabbed it.
Smart lady! think about it, an oldtime blacksmith shop, fit right in with Granny's model A
You'll have to find a work horse or two and a few figures to make it all work, but it's doable :D
Cheers Willis

:) I forgot about this one. It's a chicken coop, 4.5 x 7 x 3.5 inches high. Hmmm. Might not have to build the outhouse from scratch after all. :D

Might not have to build the outhouse from scratch after all.
Claudia, please tell me you are not going to cut this building up. It looks great, don't know but it looks like a rooster or chicken behind the screen. You might try a wash, a quart of water with a drop or two of india ink, brush it on to give it a weathered effect.
Some more advice might be helpful as I just a novice at weathering. :D
Cheers Willis

stick it behind Grandma's house.
Great idea! I like it. Scratch build a two holer and put it behind the hotel, just a thought :D not a very good one but who knows :)
Cheers Willis

OK guys, I won't cut up the coop! :D All it really needs is a little repair to the roof overhang and a new base and it'll be good as (n)ew. But the Hotel will be very Grand. No outhouses there! Chamber pots in every room!!!

m2, You're right --- with bossy cow out front and chickens out back, all Grandma needs now is a shotgun and maybe a veggie stand down the road. (No way will I try to make G-scale carrot-tops, or even tomato plants!)

Willis, that is indeed a chicken you see behind the screen. I hope that by cleaning the paint from the screen I can make her more visible, and perhaps find some "escapees" to place outside the coop.

Lady_Railfan said:
(No way will I try to make G-scale carrot-tops, or even tomato plants!)
Now that's a project for Harold. He'll come up with something using dust bunnies and used sand paper...and it'll look great.
How about it Harold, any ideas on how to model a veggie garden?

Oh Dear! I forgot all about the Poor Parson. He's probably still renting a room upstairs over the Restaurant. I haven't taken a picture of that building yet, because it isn't quite finished. I got sidetracked --- too many projects going at once.

Yeah! and he looks mad as hell
AN878.gif

Cheers!! Willis :D

LAdy Rail Fan You have found some gold in them yard sales I'd say especially scince your G scale great ideas you have but if you really need a out house let me know I'll build you one once my thumb heals (see coffee shop about page 10 I think) Still have some G scale 50's style cars if you want.

RT

Back