Layout Restoration

TheSteamChannel

The work has started toward restoring our HO layout. When the layout is restored it will feature a new switch yard, several new freight yards, and it will be completely DCC. I've started a video series to track the work progress. The first video shows the layout in its current state (our starting point); the second video is a short glance at my locomotive collection. Hope you enjoy the films, thanks for reading/watching!

Subscribe to my channel to be instantly updated on new work. Youtube.com/thesteamchannel

[YOUTUBE]SBhNTNyCo6Q[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]8IYHA21OkJs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
We are making progress on the layout, but before we start our track work we wanted to ensure the locomotives fit the existing turns. I successfully tested my Spectrum J and 2-10-2; however, my spectrum passenger car had trouble tracking the tightest turn. It may have to be widened :eek:

[YOUTUBE]7m84LwhAQB4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]vvMhGq4ntkk[/YOUTUBE]

Here are some photos of our progress.

View attachment 33129
Here you see some track plans I was toying with.

View attachment 33130
Looking west down the triple main

View attachment 33131
The remnants of a plaster station platform. This has been cleaned up more sense I took this photo.

View attachment 33132

The "middle yard" sections. Each section is 8' long by 2'.
photo.php

We completed the track work on the original layout. Here you can watch J-611 pulling a passenger cut over the new main. J-612 is also seen in operation at the end. This week I hope to have the new yard sections mounted.

[YOUTUBE]WaUVN_3Kzok[/YOUTUBE]

Back