Layout Progress

B_Kosanda

I've been making steady progress on my new layout. I have the benchwork done. Lately I finished the fascia and got all the wiring completed. Here are a few pics for your enjoyment.

Here are a couple pictures of the benchwork with the fascia in place. I had to install the fascia in order to be able to install the control panels. These panels are the same as on my old layout, except now there are 8 of them. One photo shows the detector circuits I am using to detect trains. I got these off the internet from a guy who sells all kinds of cool train circuits. I will eventually need to install 10K Ohm resistors to the axles of all my freightcars so they can be detected.

Bill

These shots show the Superior Paper section and the Glacier Gravel control panel. The last shot shows the control panel that controls the staging yard. The staging will be hidden behind the helix, so remote activation of the switches is required. I will have the staging occupied indicators displayed at track level.

These shots show the track work at Fields, Oregon and one of the capacitive discharge switch controllers I use to throw the switches with the control panel pushbuttons.

Hope you enjoyed a look.

Bill

Great pictures & layout, but may I make one comment, I don't know if its just the angle of the pictures, but that helix looks pretty uneven, and the top looks like the grade ends sharply. Could be a problem if its not just the pictures.

Pictures don't lie. The helix has some grade transition irregularities (new term). But, I've run a ton of trains through it up and down without and uncoupling problems. I have a piece of cardboard under the track near the top to ease the transition from the grade on the helix to where it enters the level section of track (can't be seen in the photo). There still SO MUCH more work to be done. I have been concentrating on electrical stuff for a while.

Bill

Back