Layout Plans Continue!!!!!

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
Whoopee,
The plans for my HO logging layout have continued, I'm so excited!!!! The layout is now going to be under a new name, "The Cranberry Creek Railroad"! Why? Because the logging camp is located on a creek called "Cranberry Creek". It operates on a line from Cranberry Creek to Timber City. I hope to have my plan ready very soon. I will be putting it outside on my patio which is 9'x10' or 90 square feet. How it is back up? I was worrying about my pets jumping up on the table and ruining the layout, or chewing the legs, which they love to do. My resorted plan is to make the legs out of steel or aluminum, so my dogs can not chew through it (the layout will probably be movable). I will then raise the benchwork high off the ground som my dogs can not jump on it, the I will have more steel going straight up. This way when I'm done with the layout, I can just throw on a sheet or canvas. I can't wait to start, and I was wondering? Does anyone have any kind of tips for me before I start my plan? Or after! Thanks in advance!
-Chris

Thanks for the update. Are you sure te layout will be protected from the weather? A liitle wind, rain, direct sunlight, etc would be bad news for your trains. Anyway, I like the theme. It should be interesting!

Oh no, Mouse, the cover doesn't even touch the layout at all.
Grande Man,
Like I said the covering will be protecting everything, and the patio is shaded by a roof. And all my locos will be stored in the engine house or inside! I don't want them getting harmed ;)
-Chris
P.S. This is all taking place in the Adirondack Mountain, so it'll be rocky too!

Another update, the layout has been expanded another 2' on my patio, this way I have room for any extra's I would like onmy layout ;) It is now 12'x9'.
I shall keep you updated,
Chris

OOOPPPSSS, guys I have made a mistake, I have given the railroad the wrong name :D When my plans had to stop it was the Silk River Railway, and it is supposed to continue to be that, so it is the SILK RIVER RAILWAY.

There was an interesting article in Garden Railways a couple years ago where a fellow had an O scale layout outside, on a kind of patio, with a roof over it, that featured real plants. Really neat stuff, very interesting.

Back