Layout lighting

Any suggestions for improving my layout lighting? I've got 6 recessed canned lights that just aren't doing it. I absolutely don't want to rip anything apart to add additional lighting. I've been thinking about buying some socket extensions and adding those 4 way LED's (garage lights), but those suckers are really bright.
Here's what I've got:

IMG_1495.JPG

That will be a nice scene when completed. What type of light bulb are you using now? You can get LED’s that are either spot or flood. I like the flood as they cover an area. Maybe switch bulbs 1st.

I am using the Barrina lights from Amazon for my lighting. They are a bright 5000c daylight 4’ fixture and I love them. They have 3000 and 4000c units that maybe more to your liking.

TomO

I had a dark train room that needed more light. I went with this:
IMG_0337[503].JPG

These bulbs are Feit Electric BPMR16GU10/500/950CA 50W Equivalent Dimmable 450 Lumens LED MR16 Bulb, 2.3"H x 2"D, 5000k Day Light.
I like them because they are dimmable and because they are LEDs they don't get hot like halogen bulbs do. The bulbs can be had on Amazon. The fixture allows me to spot areas of the layout I want to highlight. It took care of my dark train room problem.

Here is the fixture. I got two of them.

Last edited:
I urge you to look at the square flat LED panels. They cover a wide area below them, and they can be applied electrically to the boxes behind those pots you currently have. Or, you can use flat round LED's that fit in the same orifice, but you'll want more of them if what you have currently is inadequate. Go to HD and ask the nice floor walkers for some information, check out the price...I think two or three 2X2 flat panels will serve you very well.

Here is how it works in my 24 X 9 train room:

index.php

Make sure you get the ones that are like skylights.

Back