Laying Flextrack

It was no question, at all.

Sometimes I don't know where to post things. I was going to post in on the Classic Muscle Car forum, but I'm not a member there.

shrug.jpg

You had me Jazz... But I do have a question. I can recall watching a crew of gandy dancers at work aligning track on an old TV show. This show I saw was on a long time ago, black and white TV even. I cannot recall the show ( it might have been Captain Kangaroo or an old Walter Cronkite news story). Anyway, I have searched Youtube for any film clips of gandy dancers working while singing the tune that would keep them in rhythm as they moved the rails. Does anyone know of any film with sound of gandy dancers working on the rails? And by the way, how did they get the name Gandy dancers...I thought the term was section hands for men that worked on the rails back then. Just wondering :)

Sorry...I don't think "I get a kick out of you" by Cole Porter hardly qualifies....(it was altered to " I get no kick from Champagne" for the movie). LOL
My recollection is the line about champagne (and some others used as alternatives throughout the song), preceded the "I get kick out of you" of each stanza. It, being the last line in each.

Back