Last of the Giants - UP film about the Big Boys

BMR777

I wanted to share with you all a film I happened across called "Last of the Giants". It was a film produced by Union Pacific in either the 1950s or 1960s that is basically the story of the "Big Boy" steam locomotives.

The film is available on Youtube but I found it first on a DVD called "Railroads - Tracks Across America". I picked up this DVD at Walmart for $5 and it is worth every penny. It's got a lot of old railroad promotional films on it, including films from the UP, Pennsylvania RR, the American Association of Railroads and more.

I hope you enjoy "Last of the Giants". It was in my opinion a really well done film and you get to see the Big Boy in action. :)

yea i bought it on vhs back in 1996 volumes 1 & 2 & 3 since its on u tube i dont kmow what im gonna do with them

yea i bought it on vhs back in 1996 volumes 1 & 2 & 3 since its on u tube i dont kmow what im gonna do with them

Since they are on youtube, get the youtube video downloader on Firefox, download them in best quality. You can then keep them on your hard drive, or burn them to DVD. Those tapes will only last so long before they degrade and become unwatchable.

Pentrex has re-released these as BIGBOY Combo 1 and BIGBOY Combo 2. I wore out my VHS tapes and picked them up as replacements along with a re-release of
Video Rails Union Pacific Classic Collector series.

Mark

Back