LAPX - The New Road of the Southwest

Angelic

L.A.P.T. Fan
hey guys it's been a while since I have been active in the hobby so since I'm finnaly settled back in my renovated appartment Its time to restart my road :D. the Joke Train (LAPH) is dead but it's child is here

I introduce to you the...

Los Angeles Phoenix Link
seal.jpg

I still have to come up with a history, trakage rights (hope you guys help me with that :rolleyes: ) and the other basic things so far I only have one paint scheme

ac4400cw.jpg

any advice guys basicly it started from the Long Beach Harbor Line, and spread

Last edited by a moderator:
nice paint scheme! Not too complicated, although your logo can go with a little less detail. ;)

Pretty cool! You must remember that "X" is reserved for NON-Railroad compaines, like leasing companies. Sweet Paintscheme though! Makesure thay you make your logo readable from a distance. The most intricate logo I can think of would be all the detail in the C&NW logo. Yours is too detailed to be a recognizable brand for the public to acknoweledge at 70 mph flying across the Imperial Valley!

BTW, my Mission Valley and Pacific Has been serving the San Diego/Phoenix route, via the Imperial Valley since 1905.

If you want, we can work together on company histories, as our railroads have got to be really similar!

How about the Sonoran Western (SNW)? The Arizona Pacific (AZPC)

Looks like your modern RR could be heavy into intermodal and reefer traffic. Along with aggregates, cement, and Aircraft Parts.

I agree about the logo. It would be great for a letterhead but not so good on a locomotive. Maybe just the words in a triangle with the railroad initials on the bottom would work better? It also seems like LA&P would work better for intials for the reason Miles bought up.

There actually was a Los Angeles and Phoenix railraid, at least on paper. It was incorporated by the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad in 1888 when they were planning to expand their tracks from Yuma to LA. This never happened because the Santa Fe ended up with the line through Yuma and the SP was the first railroad to actually make into Phoenix.

Pretty cool! You must remember that "X" is reserved for NON-Railroad compaines, like leasing companies. Sweet Paintscheme though! Makesure thay you make your logo readable from a distance. The most intricate logo I can think of would be all the detail in the C&NW logo. Yours is too detailed to be a recognizable brand for the public to acknoweledge at 70 mph flying across the Imperial Valley!

BTW, my Mission Valley and Pacific Has been serving the San Diego/Phoenix route, via the Imperial Valley since 1905.

If you want, we can work together on company histories, as our railroads have got to be really similar!

How about the Sonoran Western (SNW)? The Arizona Pacific (AZPC)

Looks like your modern RR could be heavy into intermodal and reefer traffic. Along with aggregates, cement, and Aircraft Parts.

I kind of want to hang on to the LAP(Z) and the herold, If I get rid of the text in the herold do you think it would be enough but I'd love to work with you. I was thinking of it going as far north as Oragan and east as Texas and your right about the Intermodal.

also I tryed sticking with LA&P for a while it just never sounded quite right to me, like it was missing something to me

Having grown up in the area I can say that the wolf and fox are all but extinct. Now if you switched to

As adaptable as a coyote...

Having grown up in the area I can say that the wolf and fox are all but extinct. Now if you switched to

As adaptable as a coyote...
Spacemouse your brilliant

just checked, no coyote where i get my herald

I'd agree with Miles, and drop the X. Per AAR rules you could not run a railroad with that, unless all the units are leased! I'd say go with LAP, or LAPR, or even take the CSX route, LAPT.

However, I DO like your paint scheme, and would be interested in modeling one myself, when you're set & done, considering I'll be modeling Cajon Pass.

Josh, as per the NYCS' run-through agreements with the Rock Island, you will also be seeing lightning stripes on Cajon Pass. :cool:

(particularly pulling Maersk double stackers)

lol ok I can't wait to see a lash up this can create

Also I like the T

LAPT that works thanks

so this is the new logo for the LAPT think it might work

sealnew.jpg

What you should do since X is for leasers, ect. Is to change it to LA&P RR or otherwise. I love your paint scheme though! Attached are a couple of pictures of my fictional railroad which is going to be started on a couple of SW7's. Its a fictional engine, ML60AC, SD70MAC hood, GE cab and trucks, GE HDL16 6000 HP engine. Also an MNT SD70ACe for MSTS i had painted, and if could afford, would have in HO also...

ok guys thanks to Miles I have a system map. (I forgot to add a legend in but that can be corrected later.

LAPT%20System%20Map.jpg

so guys what do you think of the changes so far

Basicly I'm gonna see how far i can shrink donwn the logo if i can get it to fit the scheme will stay the same but with the new logo, if not; no logo oh but the yellow on the on the paint scheme is suppose to represent gold (Don't know how to mix paint on a comuter) . I can't wait to get the decal paper I'm gonna try to start the painting by next week :D

The new logo looks good, but the running wolf or fox or whatever it is, he's way too small. Maybe have the profile of a howling head within the circle? That would leave less blank space in the center of the logo by creating a focal point, something peoples' eyes would be naturally attracted to, and it would establish a new mascot for your company (think Great Northern's goat)

Also, what's the history of your company?

Back