Kudos to Athearn and CVMW

Due to an unfortunate experience I required new lights for an Athearn Genesis SD70. Not being able to find them listed on the Athearn site and being unsure what to order from an independent source I emailed Athearn.

4 Lights were delivered less than 2 weeks later (Canada)! No communication but you cant have everything.

I have a used(unbuilt) CVMW 150' Truss bridge that is missing a couple of pieces so I emailed asking for cost and how to order. There was no response for quite a while but then...

Jeff from CVMW wrote --"Parts are on their way".

Talk about customer oriented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care ,,, ken

I may have had the same unfortunate experience with my SD70MAC a couple years ago, still haven't replaced the blubs. (our version of bulbs)
I've also recieved great service from Athearn, and I'd like to add kudos to Miller Engineering, Walthers, and Bachman for great responses in the past as well! :)

It's nice to hear good experiences with a company. I've had good service from Athearn Bachmann, Walthers and a whole host of companies. When I think backover the years I've spent in the hobby, I've probably run into one bad company for every 25 or so I've dealt with. Pretty good record for any industry.

one of my Walthers proto 2000 n scale gp38-2 had a wobble
in it. So i take it apart and it seems the little tab that holds
the truck in the chassie was bad. I e-mailed Walthers told them
the problem also stated the -2 was brand new with no run time on it.
A little under a week there was a package at my door, 2 new trucks F.O.C.!!!

great service and a very helpful person on the other side of the computer

Back