Knockin' out walls

jacon12

I had a heckuva time getting this Y6B into my studio, but I finally did it even if I had to knock out a wall. ;)
I borrowed some clothes, set up the lights just right and kaapow.. took the shot.
63502183.xMh596ds.jpg

Now I have to get it back to the owner before he misses it.. :D
Anybody know how you get this sucker in reverse?
Jarrell

Jarrell,
Is that "Super G" scale?:D :D Clever shot!
Just knock a hole in the other wall and keep going in forward.:eek: :D

Just leave it there and use it for central heating, could run a few radiators off that baby!!

Ken.

jacon12 said:
Anybody know how you get this sucker in reverse?
Jarrell

I'm surprised! Rex never offered to haul it out with his new pick up:D

I'd like to try the same thing but I think the neghbours would have something to say:eek:

Fergie

Fergmiester said:

I'd like to try the same thing but I think the neghbours would have something to say:eek:

Fergie
Fergie;

Rex wouldn't do it,:eek: might get his new baby dirty!:p:D

I don't think the neighbors would even notice if it was green like this!
Ps4b.jpg

Fergmiester said:

Fergie

Normally, I would offer to haul it out but I've been busy delivering the consist that it was pulling before Jarrell stoled it...err, borrowed it.:D
(Darn coal cars sure got my truck dirty:( )

Cjcrescent said:
Fergie;

Rex wouldn't do it,:eek: might get his new baby dirty!:p:D

I don't think the neighbors would even notice if it was green like this!
Ps4b.jpg

OH CJ! My favourite of all Engines, the Southern (Green Livery) Pacific Class with Elesco Feed water heater, Oh Puppy what I wouldn't do for one of those!

Wanna adopt me?!?:D

Fergie, when CJ has brought her over to run on my layout he has, so far, been very lucky to return home with this beauty, but I'm thinking, scheming, and consulting with the mob about...well, uh...you know:cool: .
:D :D
It looks just as beautiful looking at it on the layout as in the photo.;) :)
Hey CJ, ask them to identify the bird on the headlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Fergie, when CJ has brought her over to run on my layout he has, so far, been very lucky to return home with this beauty, but I'm thinking, scheming, and consulting with the mob about...well, uh...you know:cool: .
:D :D
It looks just as beautiful in real life as the photo.;) :)
Hey CJ, ask them to identify the bird on the headlight.

Rex;

Is that a threat?????:eek::rolleyes:

Tell ya what. I'll be more than happy to tell them what bird it is, if you can remember what speed number on the DT-400 it started moving at. There are no kickstarts, speed tables etc. programmed into the decoder. Except for the engine number, as you know, everything is at default.:D

CJ, if my memory serves me correctly it would start to creep (so slow you can barely see it) at click#1. Fellows this is not just a little jerk, but turning a vary slow revolution. It is so quiet it gets lost running around on my layout. CJ, you have got to put some sound in it so that you know where it is.

RexHea said:
CJ, if my memory serves me correctly it would start to creep (so slow you can barely see it) at click#1. Fellows this is not just a little jerk, but turning a vary slow revolution. It is so quiet it gets lost running around on my layout. CJ, you have got to put some sound in it so that you know where it is.
Ok, Ok. You're gonna make me do it, aren't ya!:)

When I first accquired this loco back in 1975, I wanted to put some kind of engineer "personalization" on the loco. Many engineers and firemen would decorate their locomotives with Masonic Emblems, Candlesticks, Eagles with their wings spread, etc. Well, back then, there wasn't anything like this made. And the Candlesticks/Masonic Emblems couldn't be scratchbuilt in an appropriate size without looking greatly exaggerated.

I was working part time at the Hobby Shop in Mobile, and was dicussing this very problem with the owner Roy Keeley. He said Presier just came out with a bunch of birds, and one of the birds had their wings spread. At the time Presier was imported by Campbell Models. I told him to order me a set, sight unseen. Two weeks later he told me they came in. Guess what they were?

chickens:mad:

Thats right, America, CHICKENS!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I did look long and hard at them,:confused: and discovered that these were at least metal. So I bought them, pulled out my set of files and Optivisor, and filed the body down and filed more of a "taper" to the wings so it wouldn't look so "clucky?".:(

All in all, it did turnout better than I thought it would.:eek: Just haven't thought about replacing it with anything else.:rolleyes:

I AWAIT YOUR LAUGHTER!!!! GO AHEAD, I'M A MAN!!! I CAN TAKE IT!!!:p;):D

Otherwise Rex, you are correct. As well as fast with the answer. You really wanted to make me tell that story, didn'tya? Well, really, at the time it was the closest "thing" to a spread winged eagle on the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cjcrescent said:
Ok, Ok. You're gonna make me do it, aren't ya!:)

I did look long and hard at them,:confused: and discovered that these were at least metal. So I bought them, pulled out my set of files and Optivisor, and filed the body down and filed more of a "taper" to the wings so it wouldn't look so "clucky?".:(

All in all, it did turnout better than I thought it would.:eek: Just haven't thought about replacing it with anything else.:rolleyes:

I AWAIT YOUR LAUGHTER!!!! GO AHEAD, I'M A MAN!!! I CAN TAKE IT!!!:p;):D
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

So what your telling us is their not chickens but... Cornish hens?:D
Interesting tid bit on the Masonic memorabelia.

Jacon: If memory serves me correct the truck was for show so don't even think he'd be willing to haul your "baby". Yes I admit it I'm green with envy. Besides as my Bos'n said to me a year ago "Don't hold back, get your shots in while the going's good!"

Fergie

Back