Kitbash Long Shark BP20, and a B-unit for DL-109

Here's a set my friend Jerry built;

02QBLwx[1].jpg

Randy, thanks very much for that reference building discussion. I'm reading thru it now.
So far his chassis work appears a lot more challenging than mine,...but certainly creative.

Last edited:
BTW I don't know how many folks are aware of the smooth running and BIG weight of the Proto DL-109 engines . A pair of these (A-B, or A-A) should pull the door off of a locked barn !

Add a good decoder and some Scale Sound speakers and they should be a winner. Perhaps I should add the antennas as I did on my PRR 1000 C-Liner

Edited: my antenna application. I think the use to be offered as a kit?
DSCF9290.JPG

DSCF9292.JPG

Last edited:
That kit-bashed B unit for the SantaFe DL110 unit is going to offered for sale, as i don't have time to complete the project.,...someone good with painting and decaling interested??

I decided to add some additional strengthening to my frame joint,...just as a precaution.

I added this thin plate of brass (.01") to the bottom, and made it fairly large in size to spread the loads. I decided to attach it with the super glue I get at Harbor Freight that has served me well with a few other projects,..
DSCF9282.jpg
DSCF9283.jpgDSCF9284.jpg

If that glue doesn't work out I can easily remove it and use something else.

Then on the top of the frame I used that same superglue to attach 2 pieces of very strong music wire,..
DSCF9287.jpgDSCF9288.jpg
If it was me, i'd drill and tap two pairs of holes on each side, and then screw in the brass plate with brass screws, this way you would have a solid metal main frame. Contrary to what one might think drilling and tapping is not that hard and the result will be a much more durable frame.

Back