Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

Just throwing it out there to ask if anyone has attempted to install any type of Keep-Alive accessory to a ESU LokSound select decoder particularly the ones found in the HO Intermountain SD40-2's? I do know that ESU makes a "power pack" that is basically a keep-alive accessory but don't know much about them. I was considering purchasing a TCS keep-alive that would fit inside of my SD40-2 but wiring it up would be a challenge since the wiring in the LokSound decoder doesn't even come close to matching that of the keep-alive and the way these decoders are wired looks nothing like any other DCC decoder I have. TCS support wasn't sure how to even install one themselves. If anyone has any knowledge of this I would appreciate your thoughts.

Nate

Download the Loksound Select manual. On page 17 they have a picture.
I should actually try this, I have an Intermountain SD40-2 and a TCS keep alive (capacitor pack).

I found the diagram you were speaking of that shows how to install LokSound's power pack. My next question would be is how will you determine where to install the two wires from the TCS KA1 since the power pack install diagram shows three different wires connecting? I'm not very good with wiring :p.....

Back