KCS photo shoot....

tenwheeler

Just an FYI item... on Sat. April 21st, from 4pm to 6pm KCS will have a photo shoot at the Kansas City Union Station. They will have the KCS F-unit #34 and a set of cars, along side their new Southern Belle loco # 3997.

Bob

Well, I was there... and the motive power and cars on display were definately worth the trip. However, the turnout was disappointing to say the least, but when the attendance is low, the photo op just gets better. I arrived just after 3pm and stayed almost two hours... and only saw six "foamers" with cameras.

Basically they had one of their "Confederate Grey" switchers, a F Unit, and two new "Southern Belle's" (One was KCS, and the other KCS-De Mexico).

Enjoy.... Bob

Photos_set#1

Yeah, Eric... the F unit is a good looker, but they have one in the "yellow" scheme, and another one in the "Southern Belle" scheme, but I didn't see her out here today (darn it!!!)

I figured they would have her coupled to the "Southern Belle" pax coaches... and kept hoping she would show up any minute. I used to have a file photo of the KCS "long black train", so I'll look for it later. I also got a couple of neat shots today of an old KC street car, and a vintage fire truck that I'll post later (I don't mean to hog the forum...).

God bless... Bob

NO NO NO you are not hoggin the forum...you be sure to post them pics ya hear?

lol LOL Really you got some nice pics today very nice! I too like that F unit even the new power looked sharp!

Back