Kadee Uncouplers

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I have a bunch of Kadee above track uncouplers (#321)that I purchased years ago. Using these uncouplers on Code 83 track requires cutting the rails to make the uncoupler fit and work properly. Looking at the Kadee website, Kadee now offers a above uncoupler (#322) that doesn't require cutting the rails and the uncoupler can simply be glued in place.

As anyone trimmed the older uncouplers (#321) to fit between the rails of Code 83 track without cutting the rails. If have, what method did you use to reduce the thickness of the #321 uncouplers?

Did trimming the thickness of the uncouplers decrease the effectiveness of the uncouplers ability to uncouple?

Thanks.

Greg

Last edited:
I found out yesterday that Kadee offers a uncoupler that is designed for use between Code 83 track without the need to cut the ties.

Ordered one this morning.

Greg

Was just going to tell you that.

I discovered the same thing when trying to use my code 100 uncouplers on my new code 83 layout.

Kadee 308's, Harbor freight magnets can used in pairs edge wise .
HFMagnet.JPG
HFmagnetspaired.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG
Uncouplingside.JPG

As you can see the field is strong enough to go thru 6mm of foam (cork is 5.5 mm?)and code 100 Atlas , and the price is right 99 ¢ for the pair https://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-2-ceramic-block-magnets-97504.html

Last edited:
I didn't have track down for about 15 years,but I have recently mended my wayward behavior.

Back