Kadee #530 Wheel-sets

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Just a few questions about wheel-sets. As anyone used or have used Kadee's #530, Code 88, 33 inch wheel-sets? I was at Walther's Showroom today and the wheel-sets were on sale and I picked up a few packets at the reduced price.

I like using the non-magnetic wheel-sets since I use KD's magnetic uncouplers on my CM&N Railroad.

Thanks for your input.

Greg

Last edited:
Unfamiliar with the #380. I couldn't find anything on the Kadee site. A discontinued #?
I'm using the #533 code 88, 33" wheel sets. I think they have a heavy coat of what that stuff is on them, but, cleaned off, I like them, they've done me good.

2Tracks, sorry that my short memory entered the wrong product number for the Kadee wheel-sets. The correct number is #530.

Sorry again.

Greg

Last edited:
Just a few questions about wheel-sets. As anyone used or have used Kadee's #380, code 80, 33 inch wheel-sets? I was at Walther's Showroom today and the wheel-sets were on sale and I picked up a few packets at the reduced price.

I like using the non-magnetic wheel-sets since I use KD's magnetic uncouplers on my CM&N Railroad.

Thanks for your input.

Greg
Hard to comment based on your description. As Jerry pointed out, there ain't no such thing. My guess is that the #380 is the beginning of the Walther's part #. No code 80! Perhaps you are referring to Walther's part #380-530, code 88 wheelsets.
If so, be prepared for derailment issues if your trackwork isn't perfect. These are much narrower than the standard code 110 RP-25 wheels.

EDIT - I see that we both posted at the same time.

Thanks Willie: Hopefully my track work is near perfect, but there's one spot there there maybe a problem, but nothing a little filing can't fix. But, running my short ore cars over the layout for hours and I don't have any problems so I should be fine. I normally run in a counter clock wise rotation unless the trains run through the revers loop.

Guess I better type once and proof read twice when I'm in a hurray.

Thanks Guys.

Greg

Back