K-Line 0-8-0 Won't Run

Check the linkage for any binding, if not, then check the gears for any obstructions.

Also check the motor to see if its getting power.

Greg

Did you perhaps put the brakes on or something? Seriously dcc engines are funny that way, hit the wrong button on the controler and the thing will make sound but won't go. Also try unplugging the command station , which ever type it is , leave it off for five minutes and back on as this may reset your lokie.

Have you checked the starting momentum CV on the decoder? It maybe set so high that the loco is taking a long time to start moving.

I had a loco that the momentum was set higher enough that it took minutes to travel an inch.

Thanks.

Greg

I had a similar situation that drove me nuts. Then one day I realized I was using a locomotive number that was still mu-ed from the old layout. I removed all the mu-ed locomotive sets from my DCC system and everything works great.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No matter what you are working on always check and eliminate the simplest and often cheapest solutions/problems first.

I don't think K-Line ever made any DCC equipment.

Is it TMCC or could it be G gauge or is it some other O gauge I am not familiar with?

I'm curious now.

Back