Just some shots...

Stadawim

Seem to remember peeps asking for some shots of my railroads. I don't have much. Pictures that is. Yet. Mostly cause i borrow layouts and alter mine at this point. But i do so love to take them outside, it gives them a more... 'natural' feel methinks. So i've got a few of my locos and a couple stock.
First is one of "Big Blue", my Conrail SD50.
P1100581.JPG
Then is my "classic", Chessie B23-7 (el cheapo, but STILL a strong runner even at 21 years old)
P1100500.JPG
Another "kitty", a GP35. Looks MUCH better than the Bseries.
P1100529.JPG
A shot of the "yard" - just some various stock and one of my many BN locos. This was prepping to be aged at my desk.
111_0116.JPG

I know what you mean about natural light. I was thinking of creating a 2-3ft long diorama that I can take outside just to take pictures of my locos in sunlight.

I plan on creating a switch yard. So i set up a prototype (rough) to view how many lines i'd have to create.
Guess i need a bigger table...
Img_4951.jpg
This isn't even all of 'em, but it is all the primaries and a couple of 'short lines'.

Little more 'eye level' details of the yard...
Focusing on the north side: BN, Chessie, CRIP, CP, Soo and some GoC are visible.
Img_4936.jpgImg_4939.jpg
And down to the south side: BN still visible (spine track of yard), Conrail, CSX, NS and Seaboard present.
Img_4949.jpgImg_4950.jpg

Nice collection of equipment, and a clean looking yard. In realty, most yards make up trains that mix the cars based on destination, then railroad. Such as a yard in Chicago, might use a yard track for train headed to New York, or Washington DC, or Atlanta. Each of these trains have cars from different railroads, depending on where they are headed.

Obviously, as its your railroad, so you can do what you want, but fewer, longer tracks are what are commonly used, to one degree or another.

I plan on creating a switch yard. So i set up a prototype (rough) to view how many lines i'd have to create.
Guess i need a bigger table...
the outside yard tracks can be made longer by rearranging the turnouts instead of doing the reverse curve to get the tracks parallel use the "curved" part of the turnout. In this case take the left turnout and move it to replace that one curve on the right and vice versa.
moveturnout.jpgmoveturnout.jpg

Back