Judging Interest - Illinois Central Depot at Fort Dodge, IA - Laser Kit

Would you be interesting in a copy of this kit if I make it?

• I would be interested if the cost was under $400.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be interested if the cost was under $300.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be interested if the cost was under $200.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I would not be interested.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • You are crazy for even taking this on!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
After posting my first laser kit around I had someone reach out to me asking if I could make a kit for the depot in Fort Dodge, IA.

This is a massive depot. The HO scale model would be more than 60" long. It would be a challenge to make this kit and there would have to be a bunch of 3D printed parts I believe.

On the other hand, it's an amazing building. With some selective compression I think I can get it down to a more reasonable size.
card00813_fr.jpg

The postcard doesn't do it justice. It's red brick with stone accents. I'm hoping for more photos soon.

It's also not going to be a cheap kit. I haven't even started pricing out the materials but they won't be cheap. Then there is the design work.

So I guess my question is: Would anybody else here be interested in a copy of this kit if I make it? I'd expect it to cost more than $200 probably.

Thoughts? Am I crazy for even thinking about doing this?

I would be more interested in some of the Santa Fe "type" depots from the last century around the 1880 - 1900's. I just cannot see the market being more than a handful.

Back