JTEX A switcher junkyard

Everything fits in place!! I did shortened the tracks a few inches.

20201214_133209.jpg

20201215_062612.jpg
Cut the tracks back a bit to make room. Building a couple of vertical fuel tanks today. I'm waiting on a package from Model Train Stuff with some Pikes Stuff small building kits In it. I'll need a pump house for the tanks. I might use that spur top right to offload fuel there. But being this won't be a heavy usage of fuel industry, I might just make a truck header instead. Not sure yet.

Ok, got a bunch of new kits in and decided to use my old tank Farm and pump house. These tanks should be roughly 25,000 gals. so that's plenty. Reworked a lot of the piping to fit into this location.

20201219_165205.jpg
20201219_165215.jpg

Next area to readdress is this. I will build a tank truck off loading area. That way I can receive fuel by rail or truck.

20201219_165224.jpg

Actually straight truck tankers hold around 5,000 gallons but a semi tanker can go up to 11,000 depending on the type of trailer and commodity.
Super B's can go as high as around 18,000 gallons depending on the commodity as well as the maximum gross weight allowed on the road.

Last edited:
The ones I pulled held 63,500 litres of fuel, I’ll let you convert to US gallons, I think I messed it up! LOL

Fun fact... can you guess what the most dangerous commodity to haul is?
Believe it or not the answer is milk!
This is because milk tankers have no interior baffles so stopping or cornering takes some acquired skills.
If you’re beside one at a traffic light you may notice it rocking back and forth while sitting still.

The ones I pulled held 63,500 litres of fuel, I’ll let you convert to US gallons, I think I messed it up! LOL

Fun fact... can you guess what the most dangerous commodity to haul is?
Believe it or not the answer is milk!
This is because milk tankers have no interior baffles so stopping or cornering takes some acquired skills.
If you’re beside one at a traffic light you may notice it rocking back and forth while sitting still.
3.785 litres to a gallon.

63,500 litres = 16,777 gallons

Last edited:

Back