Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you would like that Rick! :cool:
Mirrors, we don't need no stinkin mirrors! :rolleyes:
Actually, I do need t get them,,,,this started life and an orange Imex "Black & sons Plumbing supply" truck with chrome fenders & frame. I think it looks much better now!
They make nice trucks,,,but chrome fenders? Really??

Without mirrors he couldn't see the wood chips flyin' out the back, so who cares. Silly him, he couldn't see the H/way patrol either.

009.jpg

There was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon, and we was
Both immediately arrested. Handcuffed. And I said "Obie, I don't think I
Can pick up the wood chips with these handcuffs on." He said, "Shut up, kid.
Get in the back of the patrol car."

Saturday morning "old fogey" test
Anybody remember where these slightly abridged words are from?;):D:cool::rolleyes:

View attachment 41353

There was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon, and we was
Both immediately arrested. Handcuffed. And I said "Obie, I don't think I
Can pick up the wood chips with these handcuffs on." He said, "Shut up, kid.
Get in the back of the patrol car."

Saturday morning "old fogey" test
Anybody remember where these slightly abridged words are from?;):D:cool::rolleyes:

Wow, no takers? :rolleyes:

Hey Jerome, where are you??

:confused:

Maybe not exactly a SWITCHER, but...

...a coke shunt, to be exact! Stays coupled to the same [quench] car for days at a time, moving loads of hot coke from the ovens to the quench tower, then emptying the cooled coke into the coke wharf.

Karl, does that thing look familiar...?:D

Larry_n_Quench_CloseUp_zpsc69df9dc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! That's that Hustler I sold you!! Did ya put a decoder in it, or make it a dummy? (we can put a can in it , ya know!;))

It's a dummy; I don't see any point in putting in a motor & decoder on something that would only move a maximum of 3ft in either direction.

10351758_537895476320921_4741539992876233159_n.jpg

Ok, now I've lost my mind. I just got another one of these to match this one,,,,am I ill?? :rolleyes:
(this ones almost done, just a few more details & paint)

I hate having just one of a model too, unless the prototype RR only has 1 of it, such as MRL only has 1 genuine SD40-2 and 1 GP40 (now being rebuilt), then the unique/rarity "thing" takes over. A real affliction.

Has anyone heard from Jerome Wheeler since 2012?

I talked to him a week ago and he is fine, kind of taking a break from trains and doing other stuff that is keeping him quite busy so thats pretty much it, but he is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back