Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jerome sold his bike but either way I talked to him the other day and he is alive and kicking. He had some health issues and was in the Hospital with no way to communicate.

Glad to know someone can check up on him. Send him our best wishes next time you see him. Cheers.

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, due to popular demand, I have returned from the missing in action file. ;) I thank each and everyone of you for your concern. I've have a rough last year, but hopefully everything will get back to some kind of normalcy now.

Hey Mr. Mark!! :) WHat are you up to today? I'm heading up to the great white north next Tuesday, I guess I'd better pack warm clothes!!!!

yay, Jeromes back!! Everybody quick, get those switchers out!!!!!! :cool:;)

1379269_423151441128659_1642118948_n.jpg

Cosmetically, she's done, just waiting for a new chassis c/o a Kato NW2!!!!

Rick, why didn't you think of the milk cartons earlier?????

LATX, I like both of your toys there. Where did you find the MAERSK unit??

Karl, no milk cartons would be better. I don't drink. ;)

Hey Jerome,

Welcome back. I've done a lot more to the layout. You have to take a ride over again sometime.

Brad

Thanks Jerome I found the MAERSK on evilbay with the well cars to match the undec I dont know what I'm going to do with it yet might trade it for a Amtrak unit

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok, now I'm ready for the funny farm.

Spent the last few hours cutting down a Kato NW2 chassis so that it will fit in an Athearn SW7 BB. Now it may have been easier just to remotor the SW7 with the kato motor, but I wanted the WHOLE Kato drive! Fun thing, trying to narrow the chassis for a "split frame" loco, then to Isolate the motor. Total so far? 1/4 inch removed in height, (for decoder clearance) and 1.20 in total chassis width! :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm and idiot. But the Kato chassis was cheap enough (part of a 10 buck auction box) and if I ruin the chassis, I can always just repower the SW& with the kato motor, so what the heck!

besides,,,it was more fun than baking cookies with SWMBO!:rolleyes:i

Brad, maybe we can schedule something for after the new year?

Karl, post a picture of the cut down chassis if you can.

LATX, I don't have anything in AMTRAK, but I'm always looking for classic BB SW's ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back