Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. The GP10's became slugs. Pity. But A BONUS. In that loco list is #152, looked pretty crook in '07 but has at least survived to July '12.

Something that has puzzled me about the MRL and now the SRY logo (why is it a W and not an M for Montana, thought it was just stylised that way). A reference on one of those flikr photos mentioned the Washington Company, so I went looking and consulted the omniscient Google. This site shows the different companies that make up that organisation and the Logo.
http://www.washcorp.com/companies.php

Something that has puzzled me about the MRL and now the SRY logo (why is it a W and not an M for Montana, thought it was just stylised that way). A reference on one of those flikr photos mentioned the Washington Company, so I went looking and consulted the omniscient Google. This site shows the different companies that make up that organisation and the Logo.
http://www.washcorp.com/companies.php

Aha! We have found #152. So it isn't an MRL loco as such, but it is on the roster of a sister company. Maybe you need to expand your horizens to MRL and SPY with BNSF and CP connections. I wonder if Doug knows about the SRY?

Anyway, now I can see what detailing is needed on the model. The horn is a two tone, just forward of the bell. Any idea of the make? Nathan or Lesie perhaps? What other details can we see that are missing on the model?

The really interesting thing about the SRY is that there is a bunch of old GMD1's on the roster (Jerome loves those critters). By luck, Rapido is current producing a model of them.http://www.rapidotrains.com/gmd1.html (I hope Rapido will send me some of their new coaches in payment for the advertising work I am doing for them). Looks like they haven't got the SRY livery on their books yet.

Oh Dear! More locos and rolling stock to try and find, at least it's a good excuse to leave the CP in it's original livery. There is also some pics on the MRL group of an AMTRAK train (excursion I think) on the MRL and there's a video on youtube (2004) of SP 4449 on the Mullan Pass line (what have I got myself into) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqIYmjuYaw

Hey, I just noticed something. A look back at my pic of the Atlas 152's cab side reveals the letters SRY, and what should it say on the end of the box? Why, Southern Rwy of B.C. of course. Was there all the time. Just go's to show. Jumping to conclusions (vis-a-vis Livery) is not good exercise.

Oh Dear! More locos and rolling stock to try and find, at least it's a good excuse to leave the CP in it's original livery. There is also some pics on the MRL group of an AMTRAK train (excursion I think) on the MRL and there's a video on youtube (2004) of SP 4449 on the Mullan Pass line (what have I got myself into) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqIYmjuYaw

There always seems to be another train we need to buy. Life's tough but we have to preserver.

tootnkumin said:
Hey, I just noticed something. A look back at my pic of the Atlas 152's cab side reveals the letters SRY, and what should it say on the end of the box? Why, Southern Rwy of B.C. of course. Was there all the time. Just go's to show. Jumping to conclusions (vis-a-vis Livery) is not good exercise.

Aha! The old check the end of the box trick, eh? (Why didn't I think of that first, doh) I find it helps when trying to identify Geeps.:p

The mad scientist in me has started a side project. Soon windows will be added to the cab, the details shaved off and an entire new drive will be added!

006.jpg

plus I made a little more progress putting the Kato chassis in the Athearn SW7

011.jpg

Had to cut pathways in the side of the chassis for the wiring to come up....the shell fits tight!! Now for a tiny decoder!

I'm looking forward to seeing those two projects develop, Karl. Is the little critter a Penline Whitcomb?

Paul. Yes, it is a Penn Line Whitcomb. It was an extra shell I picked up in a lot that included a working Athearn Hustler (CSX_Road_Slug has already called dibs on it) 3 Mantua Shifter Boilers and the Whitcomb. All I really wanted at the time were the Mantua boilers, as I have a running chassis with no boiler. :rolleyes: Oh well, it was cheap enough.:rolleyes:
Problem is a chassis. NWSL can sell me a Stanton drive to fit, but its 85 bucks!:eek: Look for something different to emerge from the bench!!

The Kato Chassis is at home under the Canton SW7 shell ;) Now I either will sell the SW7 chassis outright, fleabay it or find a suitable body shell. Decisions decisions!:rolleyes:

Karl I might just have such a shell, let me check.

Sure you dont need a powered chassis to go with that shell?? Motors had the armature polished, springs cut down, LED lighting and a dummy plug so all you have to do is unplug the dummy and plug in your favorite decoder!
SW7 001.jpg

Make me an offer!

I know its not a switcher, but,,,,let me leave these here guys, where Rico can find em! :rolleyes:

Cruisin down the highway, not a care in sight
004.jpg

Blowin wood chips everywhere will get you pulled over in town, for littering
009.jpg

El Oh El!

Guessing the wood chips took the focus off the fact that he lost his mirrors somewhere back in the bush?
Good one Karl! I still haven't got a mixer for Phil yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back