Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the old wise man said, Enough is never enough!!! ;)

I've heard that before! :rolleyes: Here even! :rolleyes::cool: Hey jerome, I got the pic of the modified NW2 chassis. Its on my new digital camera,,1 prob. I just crushed the end of the download cable in the desk drawer.:( Ordered a new one, should be here in 2 days:eek:

Hi Jerome. Welcome back.

I've heard that before! :rolleyes: Here even! :rolleyes::cool: Hey jerome, I got the pic of the modified NW2 chassis. Its on my new digital camera,,1 prob. I just crushed the end of the download cable in the desk drawer.:( Ordered a new one, should be here in 2 days:eek:

Hmm, that excuse is a bit like the "My dog ate my homework" excuse that school childern use when they haven't done their assignment.

Would you rather have a crappy cell phone pic? That I can do. :rolleyes:

OK gang, got the cable today. So here's the NW2 chassis, cut down for decoder installation, and narrowed to fit in the SW7 shell. It may need further cutting yet. I havn't decided if it is getting sound yet or not. Or ditch lights also.:rolleyes: decisions, decisions. But, parts are in for another project, so I'll work on that, then decide. KatoNW2 002.jpg
KatoNW2 001.jpg

OK, then that would have belonged to Hamserly Iron. That road started off in the late 60's with Alco gear. C636's were their main power with the C415 (ex-Alco demonstrator) and an S-2 (I think) for switching at their port. The line is an iron ore line in the nrth west. Nothing out there but iron ore. Not sure who runs the line these days.

According to Wikipedia etc (although the references are a few years old), it's owned by RioTinto. Nice find Karl.

You've got some interesting stuff there Karl. I admit I don't have any switchers on the workbench at present. I've been doing some modelling stuff for my father and an old guy. Mainly European buildings and Australian loco kits. I regret I don't have anything to add at this time.

I can dob in Toot, though. He has an MP 15 and hasn't posted a photo on it on this thread yet.:D

I can dob in Toot, though. He has an MP 15 and hasn't posted a photo on it on this thread yet.:D

Yes I'm slack aren't I (don't think I'd actually considered myself as worthy to join this select group) I now have 3 switchers, the MRL MP15DC Atlas w/QSI sound that we tested at the club (needs bits gluing), a CP MP15AC Genesis DCC ready and a Southern SW1500 Athearn RTR DCC ready. The plans for the latest 2 are repaints into MRL livery (which for the CP is a bit of a sacriledge with it's beautiful red paint and Gold beaver logo).

The Southern RTR is almost as good as the Genesis in detail, wire mesh radiator cover, etched metal wipers but the Gen is heavier. The CP had a run today on AMRA's DC layout (they have aircon, so I left the missus to enjoy the A/C in our bedroom and avoided the 44C/111.2F we had up in Caboolture) in consist with an Alaskan and SP merger scheme Athearn GP35's (also RTR DCC ready's and destined for MRL).

Now that the Temp has dropped back a bit since the SouWester came through this evening, I'll have to organise myself for a couple of pics.

^
cool bananas. Can't wait to see those switchers.:D

I was soldering droppers at the club again today. It did get a bit hot but we soldiered on (or was that soldered on). The mainline track circuit is almost complete. Maybe it is time for you to drop in a review the progress?

^
cool bananas. Can't wait to see those switchers.:D

I was soldering droppers at the club again today. It did get a bit hot but we soldiered on (or was that soldered on). The mainline track circuit is almost complete. Maybe it is time for you to drop in a review the progress?

I'll be there for the meeting next week to keep an eye on you. I'll bring them with me too.

My first 3 switchers

No1. MRL #152 MP15DC............There are several parts to be still installed including the conducter's sunshade, wind deflectors (or maybe they are mirrors and need painting), truck brake airlines, horn, aerial and dropdown stepovers, 1 power cable connection box. I think it may be missing the wire support for the bell.
Switchers4-1-2014006_zps5805458b.png

Switchers4-1-2014004_zpsbb0def3b.png

Has an engineer
Switchers4-1-2014010_zpse4ad7c1e.png

No2. Southern #2314H SW1500..............Has a very good array of detail parts for a RTR Athearn
Switchers4-1-2014021_zpsfae4d481.png

Switchers4-1-2014020_zpscf0860f0.png

No3. Canadian Pacific #1422 MP15AC

Switchers4-1-2014027_zpsae64d9e9.png

Switchers4-1-2014023_zps5c146fa2.png

But the engineers out to lunch, so it can't go anywhere.
Switchers4-1-2014026_zps5c7a05df.png

RRpic archive has some shots of MRL SW1500's. But I can't find any photos of MRL MP15DC's online. Do you have any photos of MRL 152? The MP15AC might be OK in CP livery. Just needs some serious weathering.

You know what, you're dead right. I just checked the roster on the MRLyahoo group and there aren't any MP's. DC or AC. Thanks Atlas for the furfy, derailed me. But never mind, in my world there will be at least that one and as you say the CP can be weathered and I'll make it an "on hire".

There isn't a #152 listed, so a double furfy. GP9's went from 106-135 and that GP19-1 (wrecked)was 151. The next # above that are the SD40's starting at 200.

I've got a P2K GP20 that I won't part with ('cause I think it's a beaut) and that too might join the also rans.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what, you're dead right. I just checked the roster on the MRLyahoo group and there aren't any MP's. DC or AC. Thanks Atlas for the furfy, derailed me. But never mind, in my world there will be at least that one and as you say the CP can be weathered and I'll make it an "on hire".

There isn't a #152 listed, so a double furfy. GP9's went from 106-135 and that GP19-1 (wrecked)was 151. The next # above that are the SD40's starting at 200.

I've got a P2K GP20 that I won't part with ('cause I think it's a beaut) and that too might join the also rans.

There are a few MRL switcher photos on this site:

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/mp15,railroad/Interesting

I see what appears to be an MP15DC paired up with an SW1001, with a CP switcher pair behind them (could be a pair of SW1200's).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8827123@N02/5739086828

Here's another shoot of the MRL Switchers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8827123@N02/7673878012

I read that as '151' onthe MP15DC. Pretty close to the one you have. Can you spot the horn?

This time we have MRL '153', which also appears to be an MP15DC paired with what might be an SW7.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8827123@N02/7673877434

Alas, the elusive MRL #152 remains unseen. But wait! What do you suppose the number if this loco is (seems the number is hidden):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8827123@N02/3961617526

Could this be the one?

Anyway, seems the MRL does or did have quite a collection of MP15DC locos.

You've opened a can o' worms here mate, I knew that MRL had an associate RR early on, the I&MRL (same colors, early 2 bar logo. My 2 SD40's are so lettered) which soon became defunct, but looking at those flikr pics I noticed that quite a few were lettered on the cab above the Rail Link as SRY. Now that turns out to be the reporting mark for the Southern Rlwy of British Columbia (explains the CP locos) http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=SRY In that flikr mix of pics was a rather interesting switcher with a long and short hood, dunno if you've heard of it, SRY has some, GMD-1's. You also mentioned a GP10 somewhere, there's one of those too.

It certainly seems likely that there is a #152 somewhere and I'm certainly willing to accept that one being coy and hiding the key digit behind those crossbucks. I mean circumstantial evidence must prove there is 'tween 151 & 153 surely.

Just to thicken the plot MRL have been repainting some of their existing locos, and their new (4 now, 4400 class SD70Ace's) are sporting the new Red spot logo with the lion's head within, which I noticed was also on several of the SRY locos. So as this is a recent development, looks as though MRL has at least 1 other relative. Have to do some digging into the corporate history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back