Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mark. tell him I said "Hi". Are you doing OK? Still doing your DCC stuff on the side? Lot of the old timer are gone off of the Forum. I only check in 2 or 3 times a year to see what's new. Finally sold everything except my 2 DC MRC transformers & the one G scale trans. Going to try to sell them at my garage sale in Nov. Talk to ya-all later.

Ok, now I've lost my mind. I just got another one of these to match this one,,,,am I ill?? :rolleyes:
(this ones almost done, just a few more details & paint)

Not ill, just a healthy streak of masochism! No big deal, all modelers who fool with steam are afflicted with it to some degree.

Yes it's me. I haven't pulled any trains out yet. I'm waiting for Mark to come down and help me unpack everything!! But i will get some out and start a project or two. Thank you all for the warm welcome back.

20140913_220526.jpg

Cmon jerome, I need some help finishing this! :cool:

Karl, is that a Hustler?

Nope. ;)

Search your feelings young Skywalker, you know what it is. You bought one of mine!
I've gotten another since then, plus a plastic (I didn't know they ever came in plastic) body shell.
You can see the TanCan motor, flywheel & decoder in the background!

So you remember now??

I'm late to this party, that is an impressive switcher collection!

I ended up with a Penn Line hustler body in a box of old PL coaches. I'd like to find a reasonably reliable chassis for it, haven't seen much on eBay.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

I ended up with a Penn Line hustler body in a box of old PL coaches. I'd like to find a reasonably reliable chassis for it, haven't seen much on eBay.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

If you can grab an old midgett diesel with a damaged body, you might get off cheap. Mine has been modified with new wheels, just to get rid of the pizza cutter flanges and 1 wheel was grooved for a traction tire. All the stock axles and gearing were retained. I also substituted a small can motor for the open frame motor. It runs quite well, even better with the cast metal body attached. That should be finished next week!

Mr. Jerome,

the third and fourth switcher from the LEFT BOTTOM in the very first/second picture in your first post... what is that switcher? I am looking for that switcher from a picture I had, but I do not know what make and model of engine it is.

BTW: that is one impressive spread of switchers you have. I am just getting back into model railroading, love switchers, and your collection is amazing.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back