Jerome's Switcher Roster V 3.0

Playing around with the re-worked diorama.
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg
thumbnail3.jpg
thumbnail4.jpg

Jerome, what do you do when you need to have flexicoil trucks on a switcher that doesn't have them? I have a Blue Box SW7 that has a silky smooth saganami motor and LED's, but the trucks are wrong for the loco I want to model and I can't find where to get flexicoil switcher trucks.
View attachment 34867
Steve, you can find these on Ebay every now and then. These just came in the mail today.
20190306_161242.jpg

Karl, who's owns the Mount Airy and Western?

The Mt. Airy & Western is the private road of the Four County Society of Model Engineers, aka the FCSME or "Fix me". I've got a fellow club member that has had me do several club engine, for which he has paid much more than they are worth but heck, I ain't complaining!

MAW6978a.JPG

Here's a road slug he commissioned

MAW3516a.JPG

And a WM styled chopped nose Geep.
Its a simple scheme. D&H gray and black, with a 3 inch gold stripe, white lettering.

The story is that the RR ran along Parr's ridge, a natural formation that runs from D.C. North to Gettysburg PA, Crossing the B&O, Pennsy and the WM. As things went along, the C&O had a controlling interest in the B&O, the B&O has a controlling interest in the WM (they really did) so the WM had a controlling interest in the MAW.
That's our story and we're sticking to it!

The Mt. Airy & Western is the private road of the Four County Society of Model Engineers, aka the FCSME or "Fix me". I've got a fellow club member that has had me do several club engine, for which he has paid much more than they are worth but heck, I ain't complaining!

View attachment 35013
Here's a road slug he commissioned

View attachment 35014

And a WM styled chopped nose Geep.
Its a simple scheme. D&H gray and black, with a 3 inch gold stripe, white lettering.

The story is that the RR ran along Parr's ridge, a natural formation that runs from D.C. North to Gettysburg PA, Crossing the B&O, Pennsy and the WM. As things went along, the C&O had a controlling interest in the B&O, the B&O has a controlling interest in the WM (they really did) so the WM had a controlling interest in the MAW.
That's our story and we're sticking to it!

Very cool story. I like the simple paint scheme. Classy like the Southern Tuxedo.

The SW locomotives are my favorites since I remember them as a kid doing switching in the Milwaukee yards, but then I also remember the steamers still being around. My next loco paint job will be a yellow similar to yours Jerome.

I have collected some hard to find SW locomotives in stock paint for the Black Creek Lumber Company and the Algoma Central.

Jerome enjoyed seeing your custom locomotive detailing and painting progress.

Greg

IMG_0374.JPG

The SW locomotives are my favorites since I remember them as a kid doing switching in the Milwaukee yards, but then I also remember the steamers still being around. My next loco paint job will be a yellow similar to yours Jerome.

I have collected some hard to find SW locomotives in stock paint for the Black Creek Lumber Company and the Algoma Central.

Jerome enjoyed seeing your custom locomotive detailing and painting progress.

Greg

View attachment 35035
Greg, thank you very much. I look forward to your future builds. I always enjoy seeing another SW build, gives me new ideas. :)

Back