Jerome's Switcher Roster V 2.0

Looking good Jerome!
BTW,
one the workbench right now, another Canton SW 700/1200 ! :cool:

Since I already have 1203, I guess this one will have to be 1201!

ctn%201201%202011-04-21.JPG

Karl, who makes the decals for that??

Nobody Jerome :(

Athearn did a run of them, all dummies, a few years back for the Canton as "promotional" goodies and for stockholders. Occasionally one hits fleaBay, but I have found both of mine locally, one from my LHS, and this 1 at an auction in a box full of Lionel stuff! :eek: I had to outbid folks for the Lionel stuff to win the lot with the Canton engine in it!

This one is currently getting its driveline finished and a decoder installed ,,,,,,still waiting on handrails to arrive.
but back to decals,,,I did a baaaaad baaad thing,,,I picked up the last ones cab with my thumb still damp from thinner, and promptly released words from my mouth that would make Lucifer blush. Then I had a thought. place the cab good side down on the scanner, and throw a towel over it. what I got was an actual sized image that I was able to trim away much of, then tile the image on a sheet of decal paper. Instant decal. Recoat the bad side, decal and dullcoat, slight edge touch up with a fine point Sharpie, recoat and install. Looks ok to me!

005.jpg

009.jpg

I can always keep an eye out for another one!

Looking good Jerome!
BTW,
one the workbench right now, another Canton SW 700/1200 ! :cool:

Since I already have 1203, I guess this one will have to be 1201!

ctn%201201%202011-04-21.JPG

I heard an old song in my head when I saw the trailing Unit...

"Baaaaby bluuuuuueee..."

Lookin good!

I spy a set of drug store "cheaters" too! :eek::rolleyes: Kinda looks like mine!

Athearn switcher build 010.jpgAthearn switcher build 009.jpg

New wheels, new motor & decoder, the Canton repower is complete, now to finish the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't do anything without those cheaters Karl. Blind as a bat close up these days. Time for bi-focals I think.

Rick, those will either end up in the A&P blue scheme or a light gray for JTEX, not sure which yet.

More color and parts added today. Still need to paint the sills and pilots black.

20150125_205356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Jerome, Damn now I see what I forgot to do to those before I sent them. As for the GMD1's I vote for Blue scheme, LOL.

I gotta agree with Mark,,,,,love the blue scheme.

Maybe Ill do the next Midget in A&P blue?? :rolleyes: Til then, here's the little SuzieQ units strutting her stuff!

[video=youtube;9ADIzq8M77A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADIzq8M77A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jerome,

I think they are multiplying on me..........

Athearn Switcher build 001.jpg

yeah, I know I have frame mods to do, but dang,,,,that WAS a dummy unit, its sprouted steel wheels and gears this week!:eek:

Help?

Back