Jeff must be working at UP now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
Found this monster over at our sister forums... and Jeff immediately came to mind:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures\52328\UP2489 LONDON.ON 2010-03-24-3(1).JPG

Note to all members:
Copyright infringements are becoming a hot topic nowdays.
If it is not your photo, or you do not have permission from the owner, please do not link to the photo using the tags. Posting a link to photo at it's site is allowed.
If you do have permission please state it in your post
cheers
Willis [/I]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL... Jeff is weathering real locos now? Damm you're good, it looks so real? :confused:

That thing is really beat up...

Note to all members:
Copyright infringements are becoming a hot topic nowdays.
If it is not your photo, or you do not have permission from the owner, please do not link to the photo using the tags. Posting a link to photo at it's site is allowed.
If you do have permission please state it in your post
cheers
Willis [/I][/QUOTE]

Hot topic indeed, but should not be. Every photo posted on the web is public domain unless the photo is actually copyrighted, which most of them are [B]not[/B], I see no issue with posting a photo directly here or on any other site cause the owner wants credit for it but will not spend time to get a photo copyrighted. There is no infringement unless it's actually copyrighted from the Copyright Office.

[QUOTE]
How Do I Copyright an Image?
Step 1

Create a "best edition" of your image, as defined by the Copyright Office. In its Circular 7B (Best Edition of Published Copyrighted Works for the Collection of the Library of Congress), the office gives specifications as to what it considers to be a "best edition." For example, if you're copyrighting a photograph, the office prefers the most widely distributed edition of your material. If your work is not distributed, an 8-inch by 10-inch glossy will suffice. The picture should be unmounted and on archival-quality paper. After you register on the Electronic Copyright Office (eCO), you'll mail your hard copy to the Library of Congress.
Step 2

Create an electronic file of your image. Many file types are acceptable. Make sure your file is not too large. The eCO permits files of up to 11.3 MB in size to be uploaded through a typical 56 Kbps modem or a 405 MB if your network connection uses fiber-optic cable. You'll upload this file when you register online.
Step 3

Access the eCO by going to the Copyright Office's homepage at Copyright.gov. You'll fill out an electronic application that gives your name, birth date, contact number, the title of your image and other pertinent information. You'll be cued to upload the electronic file of your image. After you do, your payment information will be requested so you can pay the registration fee. The office accepts credit and debit cards, as well as electronic drafts.
Step 4

Remember to mail your hard copy to the Library of Congress. It is recommended you use a mailing box instead of an envelope to send your images so they won't get damaged en route.
Step 5

Wait for your certificate of copyright to arrive through the mail. According to the Copyright Office, 90 percent of people who register online receive their certificate within six months of registration.
[/QUOTE]

In lamens, I see no copyright logo on the photo linked

Members Agreement for membership and use of these forums.
The owners of ModelRailroadForums.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
I have given a legitimate reason "IF it's not yours or you don't have permission to use it Dont post it on the forums" clickable links are accepted and are just as effective in a discussion thread. It hardly takes much effort on ones part to click on a link.
Moderators do not have the time to check out every post that is posted. We do our best to try and avoid future problems. In regard to re-posting photos and material from other sites "Been there, done that and don't want to do it again" When allowed, photos or material taken from other sites and sources without permission tends to get out of hand fairly quickly causing problems.

Cheers
Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back