It's done finally -Train room Progress II

GrandpaCoyote

Wiley Old Dog
Well I finally got it done guys; took me a lot longer than I thought but it's finished. :)
Flooring down, Painting all done and window sealed off.
Now to start putting the bench work together; I'll be starting that tonight and have something to show around Tuesday, I think/hope. ;)

So for any that care to see, here's the Train Room in it's Before and After splendor:

Before:
View attachment 4182View attachment 4183
View attachment 4184View attachment 4185

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting colour scheme... Had a friend paint one of my Locomotives that colour once... right down to the side rods! Nice and bright I must say. Could paint an intertesting susnset scene to match the trim.

Whew! Thank God I wasn't sure what was going on as you must have posted tjhe second thread as I was writing my response.

Much Better!

Fergmiester said:
Whew! Thank God I wasn't sure what was going on as you must have posted tjhe second thread as I was writing my response.

Much Better!

*laughs hard*

Yes Fergie... it's not the horrible Cathouse Red one it's the After one ... *sighs and wipes his eyes still chuckling* I didn't even paint that color originally but I sure am glad to have it gone :)

Peace.

Hey Coyote! Lookin mighty good it is. That's going to be a great color for the sky. Can't wait to see some benchwork springing up.

"200 precent improved!

Ha ha:) maybe an item for "Extreme make over":D
During this "Operation"you were also send to Disney land or Hawaii??:rolleyes:
I do agree with the other members: it has 200 precent improved,well done!!

note: Be carefull with the color:Blue .If your mrrlayout is situated on "Low"level (altitude)it looks like the blue color is mixed with bright "dust"colors. If it is on high level, the mountains like a pass, the blue color can be brighter because the air on high altitudes is much cleaner and has got less humidity
I too prefer SUNNY blue skys:)

Last edited by a moderator:
OldGettysk said:
Blue looks good nead some clouds .Red is nice and bright !!

Paul,

Thank you Sir. The OL will be painting in the clouds and such as soon as I get some cover over the Bench work- she just don't know it yet... :rolleyes:

Peace.

RexHea said:
Ah yeah! Mucho better and looks good. Should go very well with your layout scenery.

Rex,

Thank you Sir, I agree 100% - took me awhile to find that "yellow, it's hard to see with my terrible camera but it is actually a dark sienna. I think it works pretty well for a guy who hasn't a clue. :)

Peace.

grove den said:
Ha ha:) maybe an item for "Extreme make over":D
During this "Operation"you were also send to Disney land or Hawaii??:rolleyes:
I do agree with the other members: it has 200 precent improved,well done!!

note: Be carefull with the color:Blue .If your mrrlayout is situated on "Low"level (altitude)it looks like the blue color is mixed with bright "dust"colors. If it is on high level, the mountains like a pass, the blue color can be brighter because the air on high altitudes is much cleaner and has got less humidity
I too prefer SUNNY blue skys:)

Grove Den,

:D There were times during the painting I wouldn't have minded being in Hawaii, or New Orleans at the very least. ;)

Yes it is a strong blue but I think its going to be OK the section of Arizona I am modeling has some really beautiful, rich and clear blue skies. It's really a very picturesque part of the U.S. out that way.

Thanks again for the good words. :)

Peace.

grande man said:
Nice job Coyote! Lookin good so far. You got any track down yet? :D

Grande,

Thanks, it's been quite an experiance... Hey, hey calm down there buddy :p I just got the bench work up tonight :D Took me a year to get here maybe I'll have some track up before Thanksgiving? *laughs*

Thanks again Grande.

Peace.

Back