Is it ever going to Warm Up?

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
So I can work in my train room. I'm getting tired of staying in my small RR workshop & making trains, repairing trains, putting LED's in trains, painting trains(between cold temps), lubing trains, putting couplers on trains.
My trainroom is getting dusty from not being used. Gotta hook up my mechanical cables for turnouts, make trees & install them. When's it getting warm again. 30 to 35* every morning till about 10am & then lots of cold wind till after 10pm & then the same thing all over again.
Glad I don't have to deal w/snow & drifts & no power & high winds & closed roads, but, when's it going to get warm?:rolleyes:

its officially mud season as of today even more so with the melting snow we got last week soon it will be spring and all will be right in the world.

Drew, Probably by wed. U will have frozen mud & we are getting a lot of rain. I heard a few minutes ago that Gas Prices were going way up. It won't make any difference if you can't drive because it's snowing.

huh? floridians complain about the cold?
my garage is below freezing most of this winter!

megh---all I got up here is a whole pile of frozen slush/slop/snow and a backyard that is so squelchy with the moisture in the ground that you need hip waders :eek::cool:

Me---I really would like to see some sun on occasion.:( As it is we get several dull weeks of no sun here---

----from the Great Lakes basin---home of the semi permanent cloudbank:rolleyes:

People live in places like Florida, Southern California, Central and Southern Texas, and other places south so they can enjoy heat.

The occasional dusting (and by occasional, I'm talking once every 10 years or so) of snow is what we're looking for. The kind that kids have to spend most of a morning and all of the yard's worth to make a nice muddy and grass-filled snowman. Not the kind of snow you have to get on top of your roof so it doesn't cave in, or clear the pathway to the street and/or sidewalk every day. Not the kind that I have to worry if a tree limb will fall onto my house. The folks that live in more northern climes can have that all they want.

Sometimes I wonder. It went from 61 on Sunday to 37 on Monday with more rain than I care to think about. North wind off the lake made it feel even colder. One of my neighbors found out that wind chill CAN freeze a bucket of water. I've been telling him that for years but he never believed it until yesterday.

Larry,
I hope it warms up down there by April, we are headed to Miami for spring break....it would nice to be able to swim in the ocean with the kids.

................................................................I heard a few minutes ago that Gas Prices were going way up. It won't make any difference if you can't drive because it's snowing.

Ya kinda lost me there Larry. Why can't you drive if it is snowing? ;)

Snow is Nature's way of make us appreciate the days when it only rains.

All right Larry, We have nothing to complain about!:rolleyes: Your not having to shovel 3' of snow all the way to your train room are ya?

No!

So there is nothing to complain about, we already are starting to warm up and spring is around the corner, 2-3 weeks away for that fact! Then you can start to complain that to damn hot and those damn hurricans keep intrupting your MRRing!:D:rolleyes:

COJO, your Spring Break should be nice then!

Last edited by a moderator:
COJO what part of Miami? Have you been there before? Don't just limit yourself to just the east coast of florida! Clearwater south to naples is real nice too and more familyish!

Last edited by a moderator:
COJO what part of Miami? Have you been there before? Don't just limit yourself to just the east coast of florida! Clearwater south to naples is real nice too and more familyish!

Our hotel is in Sunny Isles.....we did Fort Lauderdale / Miami about 6/7 years ago and liked it. We are only doing five days. Plan on also hitting Key Largo for a day.

And I will probably try to fit this in with my son:

http://www.gcrm.org/

Is this an OK museum? Can't be all that bad, looks like it has some decent equipment.

Our hotel is in Sunny Isles.....we did Fort Lauderdale / Miami about 6/7 years ago and liked it. We are only doing five days. Plan on also hitting Key Largo for a day.

Is this an OK museum? Can't be all that bad, looks like it has some decent equipment.

Haven't been there yet. try PMing BNSF971(aka. Terry), he lived down that way before moving to California! He would have the Best 411 on it I bet! We went to Daytona Beach 2 years ago, The rip currents on the east coast were a PITA though! Way less rip currents on the west coast.....better for swimming. Either way have fun!:)

They've got some good stuff down there. I lived in Miami for about a year before moving back to Southern CA, and went over there a few times. I'd strongly suggest taking their diesel locomotive cab ride - very cool.

We've had a pretty mild winter here in Denver this year. I can't believe how the northeast has just been getting hammered with so much snow.

btw, today was 56, I was ready to break out the lounge chair by the pool.. :D

Back