Inventory

I'll take black with the white top.

Just out of the picture is my favorite, the white over bronze. My cousin had one just like that.

Misc trains 014.jpg

I cheated this time. My layout is much simpler than the last. But most era appropriate cars are Accurail kits. I get excited when I find one I don't think I have. I took a picture of the boxes and part numbers to keep track of kits I already have. When I had Nscale I just bought the latest cars. Modern cars and locomotives are produced in one off batch runs so you don't have to worry about duplicate numbers. You just hope they get rerun next year when you realize you 'need' 10 more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I just started inventoring my locos...I'm using the Roster feature in Decoder-Pro...it has most of the features I need. I doubt I'll bother doing an inventory of my freight and passenger cars.

If you are planning to run op sessions you will need some sort of car card system and will need an inventory of your cars, how else will you be able to assign a car and its number to do a pickup and or drop off. I become familar with the JMRI and all its components like decoderpro but then as summer comes I migrate away from the hobby a bit and have to go back to the jmri yahoo group and relearn myself.

If you are planning to run op sessions you will need some sort of car card system and will need an inventory of your cars, how else will you be able to assign a car and its number to do a pickup and or drop off. I become familar with the JMRI and all its components like decoderpro but then as summer comes I migrate away from the hobby a bit and have to go back to the jmri yahoo group and relearn myself.

Lynn...I don't run op sessions at home since its just me and my small 6x1 switching plank. The club is a British club so they don't really run op sessions in the US fashion...most of the guys just like to see their trains run around the layout.
I use JMRI just to set-up CVs and started to roster my locos a few weeks ago just for fun. And yes I agree...JMRI has a constant learning curve.

Back