Introduction...

MB Klein's

MB Klein's is an old hobby shop just outside of downtown Baltimore. It is not a huge place, but the place is floor to ceiling with stuff everywhere and their prices are way competitive. I guess I thought everyone on the right coast new about them. Their web site is very good too.

I must be frank with everyone, my hobby shop ratings are heavily tainted by being completely spoiled by Caboose and Mizell's here in Denver. I have only been to about 15 train shops around the country, but I have to tell you, 3rd place, which by my opine is MB Klein, is not 1/2 the shop of the two we have here in Denver. I am sooo spoiled! I admit it. (Please, no offense intended to anyone.)

Certainly any train person who makes their way to Denver MUST visit these places. Each one takes several hours just to take it all in.

When I think I am spending too much money on the hobby, about 5 minutes in the brass section of Caboose fixes that!:)

Joe Daddy

Hobby Shops

Joe Daddy,

I don't think I'd venture much down to MB Klein's since it is such a hike to go there just to visit a hobby shop. English's will certainly fill my needs when it comes to my layout I'm sure. Thye look as if they have a nice little stock and what they don't ahve I can order from them I'm sure.

Scott

Joe Daddy,

I don't think I'd venture much down to MB Klein's since it is such a hike to go there just to visit a hobby shop. English's will certainly fill my needs when it comes to my layout I'm sure. Thye look as if they have a nice little stock and what they don't ahve I can order from them I'm sure.

Scott

You can order just about anything from them. They have a lot more than the pictures would make you think ;)

I guess I can't really compare hobby shops either...I'm used to walking around my distributor's warehouse :D Two stories of floor-to-ceiling shelving...

I would rather walk around my favorite shop and see what they have. Although mail is good, sometimes it's just better to get out and stretch the legs and do it on your own. You may never know what you might find in person.

Scott

Hi Scott! It is very nice to meet you.
Welcome aboard and I see many have already punched your trip ticket for a lifelong and fun filled hobby. We love to follow each others progress, so I will look forward to your posts (and lots of photos:D ).

Hi Rex and thank you very much. I look forward to talking with all the great members of the board sharing ideas as well. I will keep you up to date with my progress/

Scott

Back