Introducing, Plasticville Estates

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Phase Two Construct now underway. These great new homes will be ready to move in by fall, 1960.

I mentioned my idea of building the Plasticville series as I would have liked to have seen them as a kid.
So this is the first section, Phase two of Plasticville Estates (Phase One will be across the street.) The idea was to improve and put them in a setting but not to modify too heavy. I ended up with three of the House Under Construction kits and also found the Two Story House and decided to make it the model home. None of the builds are all that great, but I think it’s kind of cool. It's stand alone for now but I'm hoping to include it in a layout expansion. I hope you all enjoy. The rest of the Town of Bachmann will be coming soon. (Well maybe not too soon.)

Attachments

• PV ESTATES PH-2 (4).jpg
    PV ESTATES PH-2 (4).jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 328
  • PV ESTATES PH-2 (2).JPG
    PV ESTATES PH-2 (2).JPG
    672.8 KB · Views: 385
  • PV ESTATES PH-2 (3).JPG
    PV ESTATES PH-2 (3).JPG
    761.3 KB · Views: 342
  • PV ESTATES PH-2 (1).JPG
    PV ESTATES PH-2 (1).JPG
    719.5 KB · Views: 451
With imagination and skill, you have transformed toy accessories into a scale model of a '60s Suburban Subdivision. Great work Gary. I like the appearance. I'm sure you will find a good location for the development.

Joe

Thanks guys! It was fun and that's what it's all about. My motto is it's not what you start out with, but what you end up with that counts.

That's cool. I always liked those kits too. You did a great job building them.
Since most craftsman kits are out of my budget I've used a few inexpensive or not so good kits and tried to make them look better. It's challenging and fun.

Thanks again guys. Dave your builds go far beyond these, and D.A. I'm trying NOT to make it look anything but Plasticville done right. Oh and I think that's a 55 Chevy. I'll add the little finishing touches like Stroker suggests when I find a permanent home for it. Now on to Phase 1!

And now for phase 1 of Plasticville Estates. Ok I cheated, I included the Life-Like Kramer House. I had it and it looked perfect so I went with it. The other two are the PV Split Level and Contemporary House. I found that the later plan was featured in a magazine and is by a well known architect. The other Plasticville houses are scaled smaller and don't look right too close to these later kits. I'll make them a neighborhood of their own. Hope you enjoy. I'll add more details if I ever find a permanent spot for them, but for now this is it.

Attachments

• PV Esates Phase 1 (4).JPG
    PV Esates Phase 1 (4).JPG
    595.9 KB · Views: 348
  • PV Esates Phase 1 (3).JPG
    PV Esates Phase 1 (3).JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 347
  • PV Esates Phase 1 (2).JPG
    PV Esates Phase 1 (2).JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 276
  • PV Esates Phase 1 (1).JPG
    PV Esates Phase 1 (1).JPG
    705.7 KB · Views: 308
Too cool Gary! I love the idea of having new homes under construction, its something that you dont see on a layout too often. Even though you dont have these on a layout, hopefully you can accommodate them into one later on, it will make for an even better scene if you do I think!
BTW, that stone house is cool looking! I wouldnt mind getting one of those kits and putting it in the stockpile lol

Well now, an idea I'd never had had! Nice one! Another possibility is adding some tradesman and a truck or two of theirs at one of the sites, as if the house is a little behind schedule for the construction phase, and perhaps a city inspector?

Hey Gary!

Great work!

You have to love Plasticville!!! Well at least I do and I am glad to see you do too!

Very nice. You did some nice detailing on those houses to make them look much nicer than the straight out of the box builds.

Thanks guy, glad you appreciate them. I had a lot of fun with it. Josh here's a photo of the front of ths 'stone house' One was on my layout as a kid and they are still available as the Split Level Home. The colors my kit came in reminded me of a local house so I went with a similar scheme.

Attachments

• Phase 1 (1).JPG
    Phase 1 (1).JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Phase 1 (2).jpg
    Phase 1 (2).jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 213

Back