Intermountain Locomotive's

Smudge617

I have the opportunity to aquire a Intermountain CP, GE ES44AC, DCC and Sound, Model#49703S-8, it was bought in the US but never used, (the asking price is $197). It looks to be an excellent locomotive and a good buy.

I have no experience with this Manufacturer, so what's your opinion/experience with them, are they value for money, or am I better staying with the likes of Athearn and Walthers etc.?

I have a few N-scale InterMountain FTA & B loco's. They're well detailed, and very nice locos. Although I did initially have an issue with the truck frames and couplers riding a little too low on the trucks, I cured that somehow or other (can't quite remember how, been a long time ago), and I would still rate them as high quality regardless.

I have quite a few of them on the D&J Railroad empire. Good pullers, look good and sound good. They are slightly lighter than other manufacturers, i.e. BLI and MTH, but for $197, a good price.
I have a few N-scale InterMountain FTA & B loco's. They're well detailed, and very nice locos. Although I did initially have an issue with the truck frames and couplers riding a little too low on the trucks, I cured that somehow or other (can't quite remember how, been a long time ago), and I would still rate them as high quality regardless.
Good runners, nice detail. I had a couple and some on order a few years ago but after waiting 3 years and no product I canceled them.
OK, so I've bitten the bullet, and it arrives next week, thanks for all your advice and opinions, it is very much appreciated. :)

I had 4 at one time. They run nice and I added high bass speakers that fit nicely under the radiator. Sold them to a club member.
IMG_2499.jpg

Back