InterMountain covered hoppers

ATSFCLIFF

Recently bought some InterMountain covered hoppers, which are very well detailed and tracks well. The running board looks like etched metal and they come MT trucks and couplers. Thought I share this with fellow modellers as I find them to be cheaper than MT and better made than Atlas.
Cheers,
Cliff

http://cliffordconceicao3310.fotopic.net/c328807.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on an Intermountain binge recently when my dealer marked down his entire stock. The madness included GN and Soo Line hoppers (love the Soo Line). They are very nicely detailed and decorated cars. They come MT truck/coupler sets so I got the best of both worlds.

As with anything else, Intermountain is not all great across the board. On some models, the detail is chunky compared to Atlas and MicroTrains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recieved two data only PS-2s.In my humble understated opinion these cars are AWESOME!:D :D

I had only ever seen just pics of them and I was really pleased when I opened the box from Feather River Trains and took them out.

Well I've had the chance to run both of my hoppers twice now and I am no longer a happy camper.The two I have refuse to stay on the rails.I have checked both cars and know what the problem is and it is a miner one,but still it is a problem that I should not have to fix :( .

I will update this post after surgery and when I am again a happy camper.

uh oh.. surgery is never a good thing

I agree but I hope it's a sucessful operation cause I'd sure hate to have to make yard queens out of these beauties.

Intertmountain does lack quality control compared to Atlas and Microtrains. The handrails on a tunnel motor were not installed squarely and the shells on both will not cinch to the frames causing them to come ajar after a few hours of running. A CA-4 caboose came with a misaligned body mount coupler that would derail it plus the trucks roll like crap. The rest of my Intermountain cars have been good.

Back