Interaction Hobbies Industrial Dust extactor Kit

CNR Glen

I just finished this neat little kit:
018_zps21e0f373.jpg
[/URL]
018_zps21e0f373.jpg
[/URL]
It's an easy little kit, take a couple hours to build. The hardest part is the painting. The lettering it engraved so I painted the entire model in white, then dry-brushed the green over the lettering.
014_zpsd46c1bf5.jpg
[/URL]
The only thing I changed on the kit was the waste funnel on the left side. The kit comes with a paper funnel the you shape around a pencil. I found it easier to turn a new one out of a dowel.
020_zps4ee37560.jpg
[/URL]
I glued the three components (extractor, dryer and filter) onto a piece of styrene that I painted to look like a concrete footing and placed it beside one of my industrial buildings. I'm thinking of doing a bit of weathering with airbrush and chalks.

That looks great. I'm impressed you could do that dry brushing without messing up the lettering. I think a bit of weathering is a good idea. As it is, the machinery looks new from the factory. Nice detail on that kit.

I sprayed some dirt on the lower parts of the kit.
003_zps16447122.jpg

I think it's good and weathered now. I have thought of building a roof over the machinery to shelter it from the elements.

I sprayed some dirt on the lower parts of the kit.
003_zps16447122.jpg

I think it's good and weathered now. I have thought of building a roof over the machinery to shelter it from the elements.

Neat little addition for that building.

How about a piece of Campbell corrugated metal roofing over the cyclone?

Looks real nice. I love the kits that provide the extra little details.

Greg Amer
The Industrial Lead
gregamer.com

Back