Installing the piano wire for a servo in N Scale

videobruce

Tower Operator
I wasn't sure where to place this, so here I am.

It seems that the typical way to mount servos is to feed the piano wire up from the horn to the throw rod of the turnout. I guess that is easier in HO scale, but just how can one find the hole in the throw rod in N scale under the table??

Is there any reason why the procedure can't be reversed and thread the piano wire down from above first and then thread in thru the hole on the servo base, then the horn arm before one secures the mount to the underside of the layout?

It seems that the typical way to mount servos is to feed the piano wire up from the horn to the throw rod of the turnout. I guess that is easier in HO scale, but just how can one find the hole in the throw rod in N scale while being under the table??

Is there any reason why the procedure can't be reversed and thread the piano wire down from above first and then thread in thru the hole on the servo base, then the horn arm before one secures the mount to the underside of the layout?

No reason at all why you couldn't do it that way. Just clamp some hemostats or something to the wire to keep it from dropping through the hole.

Back