Installation of Upgrade chip in 2nd Gen Hudson w/video

I installed the upgrade chip today in my 2nd generation BLI Hudson. The swap took less time then it did to get the loco out of the box. I bought the extractor which made the process easy. I have five more QSI Loco's so the 8 bucks for the extractor was worth it.

I don't really want to do an in depth analysis of the new chip as that is over my head but i do want to say that if you were on the fence or didn't think you could do the swap then I am here to tell you it is so easy a "Caveman" can do it:D

About 3/4 of the way thru the video you will see a LL GP-9 (w/qsi old chip) coming in from the right. I have my DT-400 throttle set on 20 and that is the slowest speed the little guy can make. The Hudson on the other hand is set at 1. I know this is not very scientific but before replacing the old chip I had to have the throttle set to 18 before the Hudson would move and then it would go directly to slow speed bypassing crawl speed. IMO this awesome slow speed and the ability to download future upgrades, version releases and additonal sounds for your loco make this 29.95 purchase very well worth it.

[:I]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiZ0yRbMx8

Terry:)

Back