In the destructive mode..........

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm hoping that was done on purpose :rolleyes:

So I'm guessing you'll be starting a brand new layout in it's place?

it was great fun to do this. Kind of addictive.......
Gee I hope you don't wander around our area :D

13.gif
Willis

Well, I might do so if I win the Lottery......
Exactly where is, Nova Scotia. Hmm..............
Joke a side, we are building a new part of the
layout so those modules had to go. But I highly
recomend this procedure. These modules is most definately
returned into history, and it was really fun to do
this.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, now we know who can't hold the alcohol... All joking aside, hope the new extension goes well for your club. I remember the day we destroyed our layout at PRM. Wouldn't believe what you'd find in there. 4x4s, 1" plywood... It was crazy. Seemed like somone chopped down a tree, put some track on it and covered it with scenery. Pure wood. Oh well, seems like it went MUCH easier for you though LOL

Destroying a layout is great fun! When I ripped out my old layout last winter, I just beat everything with a hammer. All the track that gave me problems went flying across the room. Scenery went up in dust.. Shards of wood and metal shot up everywhere. After I thought I had exacted my revenge, what did my eyes lay sight upon, but another hammer! With a hammer in each hand, I obliterated everything with a huge grin on my face.

I highly recommend this therapy to anyone.

greffern said:
We had some carnage at the club last thursday....

UUHHHMMMmmmmm.................

Did you guys save anything to reuse????
Things like track,switches or buildings?? :confused:

Advisory: THOUGH DEMOLITION MAY BE ADDICTING, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND WEAR PROPER SAFETY GOGGLES BEFORE ACTING LIKE A MAD MAN WITH LARGE HAND TOOLS. THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
NWR #200 said:
Advisory: THOUGH DEMOLITION MAY BE ADDICTING, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND WEAR PROPER SAFETY GOGGLES BEFORE ACTING LIKE A MAD MAN WITH LARGE HAND TOOLS. THANK YOU

That is some good advice! :D
I would add "Don't forget the band-aids!" :p :p

jbaakko said:
You found a hammer hidden in your layout?

It was hidden under a bunch of crap from a few months prior. So it wasn't quite "in" the layout, but close enough. (Interesting side story: the hammer was originally found in the ceiling! When my dad was installing new fluorescent lights many years ago and had the ceiling tiles ripped up, he found the hammer in between the rafters. No one knows how it got there..)

Back