In memory of Johnny Trains

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
JT was a member here until he died about ten months ago. He really loved trains and anyone who knew him misses him. I met up with him the first time in Deshler Ohio. He came to chase trains and take mountains of pictures of the same. He also came to visit railohio(RO) and anyone else who showed up in Deshler that weekend. We had a great time. He also went with RO to Cincinnati to visit the big train yard behind Cincy's Grand Terminal. He had a friend who worked there and got them access to the whole place. On thier way back to his mother In-laws house in Ohio they came by my place to see my layout and visitfor a while. A friend of mine made me up some decals so I thought I would share a couople of pix with you. I have not used the digital camera for close ups in a long while and it shows. I will try and work on getting better pix in the next few days.

Wow. How sad to have a model railroader die, especially when they were helping other modelers.

Hi Larry, I didn't know Johnny Trains, but would have liked to meet him. The first I had heard of john was on Train Board and that was from another of his friends posting progress reports on his condition. The rest you know as I'm sure you followed all the posts yourself. From the photographs of John and his friends, it was easy to tell he was a very likeable person. I think it is a nice gesture and a sign of respect, to have the name of a good friend grace your model railroad. I didn't realize John was also a member here as I wandered my way over here a bit later
Cheers Willis

Johnny was definitely one in a million! For those of you who may have missed it, there was a notice at the time of John's death, designating a recipient for donations in John Niegocki's memory. I'm sure they would still be appreciated.

Friends of NY Transit Museum
130 Livingston Street
9th Floor
Brooklyn NY 11201

Last edited by a moderator:

Back