In Celebration of the CSX.

heres the area in question
csx.JPG

heres the area in question
csx.JPG
Thats the Dynamic Brake housing on the trailing unit. There's no panels there on a GE that open that way. The only ones that hinge upwards are the roof sections above the engine, on some GE's. Looks like Grandeman got lucky and lined up the edge of the grills with the top lip of the GE's cooling housing perfectly. Talk about a 1 in 1,000,000 shot there.

Thats the Dynamic Brake housing on the trailing unit. There's no panels there on a GE that open that way. The only ones that hinge upwards are the roof sections above the engine, on some GE's. Looks like Grandeman got lucky and lined up the edge of the grills with the top lip of the GE's cooling housing perfectly. Talk about a 1 in 1,000,000 shot there.

Ding, ding, ding... We have a winner. :D I went back and looked at the RAW file at 100% and Josh is very correct.

Great folks and a great railroad, more from the CSX.

Tied down for the night.

IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6441.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Eric,hey Trey.Well fellows,I saw a night photo shot that was perfect,well,maybe not perfect,but close to it. It was on the old ACL,AB&A,mainline through Chelsea Ala. I was travelling down 280,and happened to look down,and well,here they come,at least two GE's 0n the point,and fully lit up. Oh man,what a shot,if only I could have in position to capture it.:( ,oh well. By the way,the photo you posted of the CSX loco in front of the ballast pile,was that taken at Lacon? It kind of looks like it. As always dude,Grande photos,:D ,sorry,couldn't resist. Anyway,I'll be back in town,on Tuesday,so,I'll check in then.William.

Well weathered slug at Cullman. I think what paint was left on this faded old unit is a perfect 18% grey. The camera's meter loved it. ;)

2080095783_23203de515_o.jpg

2080095139_b7b2d6b1b0_o.jpg

Back