In Celebration of the CSX.

Huh,I knew there was a Grande Man, but didn't know there was a Little Grande Man.:D

-Smoke

LGM is my lifelong railfanning/model train buddy/Digitrax programmer. :D He's 12 and takes his own photos with a Canon Rebel XT he just upgraded to from a P&S. He has, however, been known to borrow a lens from Dad on occasion... ;)

We've been railfanning and modeling since he was 4 years old and have had an absolute blast! :cool:

:) Hi LGM! That is some great photos. I really like the draw bridge shot...very professional looking. You should enlarge and frame it. Is that the Tennessee river/Wheeler Lake? GM, you sir have some competition!:D

Eric, I have been following your thread since the beginning and really appreciate you sharing your excellent photos. Love the inclusion of the different perspectives of the CSX trains.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

After Watching this for long enough, I'm joining in.:)

Pic 1: The famous CSXT 4617 with C&O on the longhoods

Pic 2: CSXT 6160 sits all alone outside the usual busy Acca Engine Shops on a great evening for railfanning.

Hope you all enjoy!

Any comments or critiques are certainly welcomed.

Awesome pics Trainman!!! I love the shot of CSX 4617. :cool:

Rex, LGM's pics were taken at the Tennessee River in Decatur. That's a hotspot because the CSX and NS share trackage across the river. BTW, thanks for staying with the thread. We sure have fun taking the photos and I'm glad to know you enjoy them. :) As for LGM, his photos are some stiff competition! :cool:

Here's a view of a southbound CSX train on approach to the river. This train was a loooong way from us.
IMG_28161.JPG

Here's another unit

A SD40-2 in YN1 works the yard job at Collier, about two-three weeks after this picture was taken, no trespassing signs and barricades have been put up here.

Thanks for those comments Grande Man. Currently the 4617 is in Erie PA I believe. When I find it, I'll post my pics of the 4601 in Seaboard System paint. It has since been retired. Very nice pic BTW Grande Man.

Nathan and Paul, Great shots! :cool:

Here's a couple I took earlier today before the weather turned stormy on us.

Northbound train near Garden City on the CSX led by the smoke belching LMS 7920, a GE Dash 8-40CW
IMG_3186.JPG

Runaround move at South Hanceville. The siding and main were occupied by northbound trains and a third northbound stopped at the red signal at the south end of the siding. He must have gotten dispatcher approval to pass the signal because he followed the runaround northbound train in this photo a few hundered yards behind. What a log jam. :cool:
IMG_3198.JPG

Ooops, forgot one...

These guys had just crossed the Mulberry Fork on their trip toward Nashville, TN.
IMG_3174.JPG

A few new shots from my fav class 1...;)

Ghost Train
Ghost_Train_2.JPG

Decatur depot. This one is leaning a little. Sorry. ;) :D
IMG_4417.JPG

30 Slug
IMG_4463.JPG

WOW!:eek: What a great shot. Was that done with an extra long exposure?

Thanks Ron. This shot was 30 seconds at f8, ISO200 with my 17-40L lens. It's all ambient light and other than minor tweaks to the white balance, contrast and sharpness, it's pretty much what the camera saw.

Excelent shot

:( I can never post such shots here :S

I can only post aircraft shot, which is not the right place to do :(

Thanks for the comments on the last pic. I'm glad to hear ya'll enjoyed it. :cool:

As few more from the CSX...:)

Ever had that "run over" feeling? :D
IMG_5209.JPG

Work Train
IMG_5286.JPG

Heavy Metal
1388861967_2b89fbe75e_o.jpg

Grande man, on that last shot with all the Caterpillars on the left side, does it look like theres a radiator cover open, on the right side, on the lead GE?

Back